Jeopardy

I woke up and checked the time. I still had about a half-hour left before we landed in New York. Welp, time to open this mysterious letter. I unfolded the letter and began to read.

Dear Ms. Renton,

We are pleased to hear that you will be coming to live in Stark Tower. We understand that this will be a rough transition for you and are willing to offer assistance in whatever way we can. We would like to inform you that you will be attending Midtown High School once spring break has ended. We apologize for the inconvenience of the distance of the school, but due to circumstances this is the school you will be attending. Personal driver Happy Hogan will be transporting you to and from school everyday and will guarantee a smooth and safe trip. Upon your arrival at the airport someone who has yet to be determined at the time of this letter, will be waiting for you. They will have a sign with your name on it so that you can easily locate them. From there you will be driven directly to Stark Towers where we assure you a room and accommodations will be ready for you. We hope that you have a safe trip and look forward to your stay.

Sincerely,

Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Stark Industries

Stark Industries

Oh my gosh. What am I? A business transaction? I huffed. It was then that I noticed the stain on the edge of the paper. It was on the right hand side and looked to be part of a circle that went off the page. Curious I sniffed it. The smell hit me instantly. Beer. Well isn't that just fantastic. He probably wasn't even competent when he signed this. He probably had no idea I was coming. Well he might have a slight, drunken idea that I'm coming, but even then it's probably a very foggy conversation in his head. I folded the letter and put it back in the envelope. I pulled out my phone again and began checking my social media because I had nothing better to do. Once I was all caught up to speed I began to read fanfiction on Wattpad. That pretty much zoned me out until I felt the plane start to tilt. I looked out the window and saw it.

New York.

My eyes widened. I was from a small town in Montana and now I'm here in the Big Apple. I opened Snapchat and took a pic of the city below me.

Wish me luck

I sent it to Kayden. He replied instantly with his goofy grin.

You're going to crush it. Cause you're a rockstar

I rolled my eyes as I put my phone away. He heard me sing one time and now insists that I'm a rockstar. I looked down and wanted to laugh at the sight. All this city and that one single rectangle of green popped out of nowhere.

Oh gosh I'm not going insane am I? I mean I've seen pictures of it before, but who but an insane person would laugh at a green rectangle? The man sitting next to me cast me an annoyed glance. Who could blame him?

The plane touched down and I focused on popping my ears while the plane took forever to get to the docking station thing. Then it took forever for everyone to get their bags and get off the plane. I mean seriously how long does it take someone to get a bag and go? It's not exactly rocket science.

When I could finally move, I didn't waste any time grabbing my bags and walking towards the front of the plane.

4 seconds.

That's all it took me. Seriously people it's not hard. I exited the plane and readjusted my bags once I had left the tunnel thing. You know the part that connects the plane to the airport? Man I really need to learn airport terminology. Yeah I'm definitely not Jeopardy contestant material.

I began walking towards the exit. Okay not the exit. Wherever the heck I'm being picked up. By whoever. Whomever? I want to say whoever so I feel like it's supposed to be whomever. We'll go with whomever.

I promise you I am smart. Just not with grammar. And rocks. Do not get me started on them. They are stupid and should not be taught in school. You are never going to have to identify a stupid rock EVER in your future. Unless you're on Jeopardy. And as we've already established, I am not a viable contestant for Jeopardy.

Where were we?

Oh right going to find who- the person who is picking me up. I didn't have to wait to pick up any of my bags from the luggage carousel because they both fit as one carry on. So that was nice. I headed towards the pickup area, following the signs overhead. I reached the escalator and paused. This was it. My life was about to be completely flipped. I had no idea what would await me, or even who was waiting for me.

One small step for me, one giant leap for.... a frog? I mean I'm only stepping onto an escalator, it's not that big of a step. It wouldn't be a giant leap for like a dog. Maybe a teacup chihuahua. But that thing shouldn't even be considered a dog. It would be multiple steps for like a snail. But he doesn't leap, he slides. Oh crap does that mean a frog doesn't leap, but hops?

You know what? Screw it. This is what I get for trying to say something meaningful.

Ayyyyyyy I'm not dead! Would you look at that. Sorry I've been busy lately and working on my other story. And now school starts in a week and I have yet to start my summer homework so I should probably get on that. Anyway I hope to write again soon if I get inspired but we shall see. Until next time... give your dog a hug for me!