Cheese and Chats

Upon arriving in the overly massive kitchen that would take me probably a month to describe (so you better use your imagination and just picture the biggest most high tech thing you can), I noticed an annoyed Pepper impatiently tapping her foot.

"Did you get lost?" She didn't snap at me but I could still hear the underlying annoyance in her voice.

"Yeah. Kinda. I mean JARVIS had to help me a little. I'm not used to anything being this big."

I could tell she instantly felt bad for 'snapping' at me and she gave me a soft smile saying it was no big deal.

"So what do you want for supper?"

"Ummm. I don't know. Whatever is fine with me. Honestly. I'm cool with whatever you normally eat."

She laughed lightly. "There is no normal around here."

"Oh."

I gave a soft smile feeling kind of awkward. Of course there's no normal around here with a freaking billionaire running one of the most successful tech companies ever.

Pepper still looked at me expectantly, so I just said the first thing that popped in my head. "Grilled cheese."

Her eyebrows rose and I saw a twinkle appear in her eyes as she smothered a smile.

"Grilled cheese?"

My face flamed red with embarrassment. This is why I hated making decisions.

"Unless you guys don't eat that kind of stuff. Um then you just pick something." I twisted my hands together, fiddling with them, as I awaited Pepper's response. 

She smiled. "I think we have some bread and cheese lying around."

I grinned and watched as she shook her head, turning to open the fridge.   She grabbed the cheese and then grabbed the bread from the counter. I sat down at the massive breakfast bar as she started cooking the sandwich.

"So tell me about yourself."

My head snapped up from its previous position of watching my twiddling thumbs.

"What?"

"What you like to do, what you're good at, who your friends are, that kind of stuff."

"Umm. Well. I'm 15 and a sophomore in high school. I like to read and sometimes write. I love dogs, like a lot. I skateboard. I used to play softball. I have a boyfriend named Kayden. I don't really have any other friends, I'm kind of a loner. Plus people usually judge me and think I'm weird before they actually get to know me. Oh and I don't like school and my grades aren't the best."

"Well Midtown is one of the most prestigious private science schools around so just try your best."

There was a lull of silence and I spoke up. "What about you and your life?"

She rose an eyebrow at me. "I'm Mr. Stark's personal assistant."

"Oh." Yeah okay there was more to that story. That was clearly just the automatic response she gave everyone.

However that is to be asked about later because right now my grilled cheese is ready.

"Thank you." I said as she handed it to me.

"So there's nothing else to you?" She asked with a slightly confused and curious face.

"Nope. Pretty much summed me up."

Just the fact that I'm actually super smart and very sarcastic in my head. Also I'm freaking out because I'm living in the biggest mansion/tower thing ever and have yet to meet my new parental guardian who doesn't even know I exist, and probably doesn't want me to.