Friendly Faces

I groaned and slowly blinked my eyes open. Where was I? Oh right. Life went to crap and now I'm living in Stark tower. I groaned again.

"Jarvis what time is it?"

"It is currently 6:45 am Miss April."

"Crap! 6:45?!"

"Yes. Mr. Hogan will be arriving promptly at 7:20."

I hadn't taken a shower last night so I figured I would have to take one super quick now. Once that was accomplished I had some quick dinosaur oatmeal and then finished getting ready. You know brushing teeth, brushing hair, putting on deodorant like some people really need to, and picking an outfit. I'm honestly such a tomboy at heart that I didn't care much what I wore. And no I'm not one of those people that says I'm a tomboy and then is like 'I curled my hair a little and put on some makeup' HECK NO. Okay that's not a tomboy. I brushed the knots out of my hair and then left it down. My outfit was simple with a pair of somewhat ratty converse, plain somewhat dark denim jeans, and a graphic tee with a science pun on it.

"JARVIS, time?"

"JARVIS, time?"

"7:15."  Sweet just in time. "Have a good day at school Miss."

I smiled a little. "Thanks Jar."

I hopped in the elevator and pressed the button for the lobby. Upon reaching the lobby I went and stood against the wall so I wasn't in the way. I pulled out my old phone and checked the time.

7:20

A man strode in tapping on his tablet and flashing his badge at anyone he passed. His determined pace stopped in front of the desk.

"Where's April Renton?" The desk lady looked slightly startled

"Where's April Renton?" The desk lady looked slightly startled. "Cmon I don't have all day. I said I'd be here at 7:20 and it's 7:21. So where is she?"

I slowly pushed off the wall and walked towards him. I tapped him on the shoulder and without turning around he held a finger in my face.

"Look I just need you to page up to her room and tell to hurry up and get down here."