{Chapter 9}

But suddenly...

"Jake?" Belle said confused.

"Belle, please come back... I need you" jake said with a slur.

"Okay first of all you fucking cheated on me with multiple people, you obviously don't need me and second of all I'm engaged to someone who causally wants me." Belle poured out.

"I have to go" belle said looking back at Brendon.

She walked out and walked out onto the balcony and belle watched Brendon pull down the emergency ladder.

"Okay I'll go down first to make sure everything is all clear, and don't drop your stuff on the way down" he said with a slight giggle.

Brendon went down first and gave belle a thumbs up indicating that it was clear. She started walking down trying to be careful, she was scared of what would happen if she had to go back home.

As she came to the bottom she followed Brendon who was going to his car... Except it wasn't his usual car, it was still his but a different color and model. Maybe he was trying to make it to where no one would notice us.

We hurried and put our stuff in the back, she still kept her phone and earbuds with her so she could listen to music. It was cold that morning, but belle was wearing shorts and a long sleeve shirt so no wonder it was cold.

They drove off as Brendon looked nervous.

"Are you okay?" Belle said with concern.

"Yeah, just um nervous" he stuttered.

"For what?" Belle asked.

"Um, that she will take you away from me" he frowned.

"Don't worry Babe, she won't take me. No one can" she said hoping to get a smile out of him.

The silence was unbearable, it was caressing her skin like a cool summer breeze... But the breeze had been to cold, she wanted warmth.

"So, where are we going?" Belle said out of no where.

"We are going to Washington" he answered with not much tone. Usually he was excited for things but not this Time.

"Oh wow, I've never been there, I've heard good things about it though" she said trying to deepen the conversation,

"Yeah" he replied.

Is he even listening? What's wrong with him? Belle thought in her mind.

Then she blurted out the words she hoped would get his attention.

"I love you" the words were like smooth honey gliding to the back of her throat making her surrounding go blurry.

They sat in silence, Brendon hard what she said but he was caught in his mind, no one every loved him this much. Not after he killed his wife Sarah. She was someone he would never forget. She was special. But she was caught in bed with another man and that's when Brendon went crazy. He's had 3 relations since then, he's killed the mall for lying to him or cheating on him. Something was wrong with Brendon, he was hurt and broken. No words could describe his pain. The pain only goes away when he's will belle, she was like a drug that he got addicted to. He knew she was could for him but he wasn't good for her.

"I love you too" he finally replied. But by that time belle was asleep with her headphones in.

They were at a stop sign so Brendon leaned in closer to belle and kissed her lips.

"You can Call me crazy, but I'm in love with you" he whispered while taking off his sweater and putting it over the young girl who was rolled up into a ball keeping herself warm with body heat.

Brendon smiled and continued driving.