Derek Morgan x Reader

You had known Derek since you were in highschool. You had both went into the academy for the FBI and both graduated from the academy. You both ended up applying for the BAU and got in. Hotch welcomed you both to the team and introduced you to the others. Both of you were happy to have made it to the point you were at. Nothing could change that. Or so you thought.

~a year later~

Your pov:

You and the team had just finished a case and were on your way back to the BAU. You sat on the jet looking down at a book Reid had given you for your birthday. You hadn't noticed Morgan sit down next to you until he said your name.

"Hey (y/n). You ok?" He asked as he put his hand on top of yours that was on the arm rest.

"I'm fine." You said lying. What no one knew was that your mom had pasted away a few months ago and you were using work as an escape from the pain. You hadn't told anyone cause you didn't want them to go about being sorry for you. Especially Morgan. He knew how much your mom had meant to you and he saw her as his own mother as well.

"Something is wrong. What's up?" Morgan said as he looked at you.

"It's nothing Morgan. I'm fine." You said as you got up and went to the rest room.

What you hadn't known was that Reid knew what was wrong and kept it to himself. He heard you on the phone as you left one night with the hospital when they called to tell you your mom hadn't made it out of surgery.

Morgan's pov:

I sighed as (y/n) got up and went to the restroom on the jet. I leaned back and closed my eyes. A few seconds later I felt something kick my shoe lightly, opening my eyes I saw Reid looking at me.

"What do you want boy genius?" I asked a bit to sternly.

"I know what's wrong with her. I just thought it was best for me to not say anything." Reid said looking me in the eyes.

"She told you but won't tell me?" I asked confused and a bit mad

"Not really. I kinda heard her on the phone when we were leaving work a few months ago talking to someone and they said something about her mom." He said quietly.

"What about her mom?" I asked confused even more.

"From what I could tell she didn't make it out of surgery." He said  sadly.

"But why would she keep that from us?" I asked as she came out of the bathroom and Reid shrugged not saying anything else.

~after landing at the BAU~

Your pov:

You had decided that you would do the paperwork for the case tomorrow and went to Hotch's office to let him know that you were heading home. He gave you the ok and you headed out. You reached the elevator only to have a hand softly be placed on your shoulder.

"(Y/n), can we talk for a moment?" Morgan asked you quietly. You nodded and went into an empty office.

"So, uh. Reid told me what was wrong and I'm sorry." Morgan said as he turned to you rubbing the back of his neck.

"What are you talking about Morgan?" You asked slightly confused.

"Your mom. Reid over heard a few months ago what happened when you were both on the elevator. He said you got a call from the hospital about your mom." Morgan said as he looked at you.

"Wait he heard? He had headphones in that day so I thought I was ok and that he wouldn't have heard. Shit." You said looking down.

"(Y/n), please. Don't get mad at him. He kept it to himself for this long. He saw that you were upset and told me what he heard. If you need someone to talk to I'm here." Morgan said as he opened his arms for a hug.

"I'm sorry Morgan. I should have told you. You saw her as a mother figure to you and I didn't tell you. To be honest I didn't tell anyone cause I didn't want to be babied. I didn't want to be treated with caution. I used work to drown my pain and sorrow and now here I am dealing with the mistake if not telling anyone. I'm sorry." You said as you hugged him tightly.

"It's ok. I understand." Morgan said as he wrapped his arms around you.

You looked up to see him silently crying. "I'm sorry Morgan. I'm sorry for everything." You said as he started sobbing. It was finally hitting him that you both lost someone who you guys loved.

"Come on kid. Let's go get some food." He said as he let you go and wiped his tears away.

"That sounds good. Want to invite Reid and everyone else or just us?" You asked.

"Just us tonight kiddo." He said with a small smile as he opened the door.

You both walked out and headed towards the elevators. You saw Reid and mouthed to him saying that you wanted to talk to him tomorrow. He gulped and nodded knowing he was in trouble. You nodded back and left the building with Morgan.

I hope this is ok kmasters3041.  I did the best I could while listening to music. But if you want anything changed I can change what ever you want. Thanks for reading.