Chapter VI

"Clock is ticking while I'm killing time. Spinning all around. Nothing else you can do to turn it back" - Lacuna Coil, Our Truth

_________________________________________________________________

It was called the Guardian stone, as North put it. It reflected such light when Manny used his own to awaken the beautiful stone from underneath the stone paneled floor. It was hypnotizing, it was nothing like I've ever seen before.

Above the stone, its light began to form an image. A silhouette of girl, although there were no details shown, she looked beautiful. "Who is she?" I kept my eyes on the image as I asked.

It wasn't until North had placed his large hand on my shoulder that made me look away as he said. "That is, you."

"N-no way that's me."

"She's got a point," Jacked was kind enough to back me up on this but not the best way, "I mean no offense but look, her hair is a mess," Jacked around me, poking at everything that I was, "clothes baggy and worn out."

"Jack!" Tooth harshly called his name.

I stood my ground and glared "Excuse me?" I said with disgust, "No offense," then mocked. "But says the boy who doesn't even own a pair of shoes."

"Hey." Jacked sounded a bit hurt.

"The girl has some bite." Bunny chuckled and nudged North with his elbow.

Tooth flew between Jack and I easing the tension then guiding me away. "You have to understand that it was Manny who showed us this, told us about you into becoming a guardian."

"Me, a guardian?" I ran my hand through my hair. "How can I be a guardian, I'm not anything."

"That's one of the problems, mate, we don't know who or what guardian you are."

"I'm human, I'm normal. I'm not a guardian," I told them, hopefully to get it through their heads. "Wait, one of the problems?"

North came by my side. "You can speak to the moon just like the rest of us, you can even see us." He grabbed both of my shoulders and spoke to me quietly. "Baby Tooth falling into your hands that night, she led us to you, how do you explain that?"

The guardians crowded around me with sincere smiles, and hopeful eyes. Except Jack who was pouting, probably still thinking about my comment earlier.

I shook my head, frustrated that I couldn't explain it to them because I didn't know, I didn't want to know. "Just stop," They all withdrew at my sudden outburst. "I'm sorry, but no. I can't be- I'm not a guardian," I stared up at Manny who had clouds hovering his way, "Please, just take me home." I turned away, wrapping my arms around myself.