Chapter XIX

Looking back in time. All the images they tell me where I'm going. They guide me. Look to the skies it's a new day, every day. Feeling so confused but I know your heart is true. Please trust in me Jonathan Young, Crossing Fields (Cover)

_____________________________________________________

The harsh wind felt like it was purposely trying to push Jack back. Back to where she was. It took everything he had not to fly back to her. But as Jack and the rest of the Guardians decided, it was for the best. They couldn't risk putting her in anymore danger, especially the power and strength Pitch had regained. And they certainly couldn't rely on the mysterious power she has developed.

Up ahead, in the far off distance Jack could see Sandy with his big golden sand cloud, whipping hordes of Nightmares out of existence. Jack flew faster, pushing her from his thoughts to focus on the battle that was about to commence.

"Jack! Where have you been?" North shouted from beside him.

Jack looked and see him and bunny his sleigh, flying through the sky, with bunny throwing his boomerangs around, hitting quite a few Nightmares at a time.

"Sorry. I took care of it...I'm here now." Jack replied.

"Is she safe?" Tooth then zoomed up next to Jack on his other side.

He nodded and gave a weak smile.

"Well isn't this a blast from the past." Pitch's voices echoed through the sky, as it reached the Guardians' ears.

They all looked around frantically to locate the source. But nothing but black and dark grey clouds fill atmosphere around them.

"Show yourself!" Bunny yelled.

Then there was a sigh and a gust of black clouds hit Bunny, knocking him over the sleigh railings.

Tooth gasped and increased her flight speed to reach Bunny who was falling.

"What an annoying nuisance." Pitch grumbled. "Now...wait...hang on, there's seems to be someone missing."

North, Jack and Sandman looked at each other in a panic.

"Where's the girl?"

"None of your business!" Jack snapped.

"Oh-ho, it very well is my business, for you see my plan can't be completed until I have her gone." The way Pitch said it, made chills run up Jack's spine.

Tooth soon then returned, unsteadily flying while Bunny cling to dear life until getting back into North's sleigh.

"What is your plan?" North roared, with his thick Russian drawl.

Pitch laughed deeply then sighed again. He emerged from behind a grey cloud, with black sand that created a pathway for him to walk on beneath him. "Enough talking." Pitch lifted his hand and snapped his fingers. 

__________________________________________

I charged every door with chairs and table legs I broke off, and threw everything I could that would shatter the windows, but Jack's ice was so strong that everything I used was did nothing. Huffing and puffing, retrieving the breath I lost due to the energy I spent trying to find a way out and crying, I was out of options, I had no plan of escape this time. Grabbing the last book on the book shelf, I prepared to throw for one last time, but slowly let it slip through my fingers and hit the floor by my feet. Stacks of papers that were tucked away between the covers of the book scattered. I sighed and kneel down, picking up one sheet one by one. Gripping one of the papers in my hands I realize that it was my old drawings of night skies and constellations. Somehow, I was mesmerized by the drawing, until the crayoned colored stars in the scribbled blue night sky twinkled.