Chapter XI

"Her feelings she hides. Her dreams she can't find. She's losing her mind. She's fallen behind" – Avril Lavigne, Nobody's Home

_____________________________________________________________

At first I didn't know it, but the sound of my stomach grumbling had me shot up in a panic, eyes wide, and my mind urgently figuring out where I was. Soon realizing afterwards I was back at the North Pole. I was curled up on the windowsill with the same blanket I had when I first woke up here. Which I'd like to point out, again, I was taken by force.

My back ached from the uncomfortable position, but I've had it worse. I ignored it and wrapped the blanket around me like a shawl. I stared out the window, resting my forehead against the soothing cold glass as I stared into the dark winter night. Recalling what happened before I fell asleep, was the fight between the Guardians and Nightmares got out of hand to the point where my home caught on fire.

It was only a matter of time before I heard Manny calling for me.

I sighed with irritation. "Please, I'm not in the mood, I really want to be alone right now, big guy." Manny wasn't the type to leave me alone so easily, so I waited for the ray of moonlight to hit me, but I never came. I looked up at what use to be a sphere to only half so only half the light, it wasn't a good look for him. "Manny, what's going on?" I worriedly asked him.

"Hey, what's happening?"

"It's Manny." I quietly said, "I think he's... sick." I pondered the thought.

"What, how does the moon get sick?" Bunny said as if reading my mind.

I couldn't think of anything else except for. "I don't know."

North paced around the room, his hand rubbing against his face. "This is bad." He finally said.

The serious atmosphere was disturbed by the loud grumbling of my stomach and everyone looked dumbfounded.

My arms wrapped around my stomach as I spoke in monotone. "Sorry, I guess I'm a bit hungry." I shrugged and looked down hiding my rosy cheeks.

"Hah, we will discuss this over some milk and cookies." North took the lead and gestured for all of us to follow.

We didn't end go far, we actually still remained in the globe room but I was seated at wooden table where the elves brought me some cookies and milk. I tried my best not to wolf it all down at once.

I picked up a moist cookie and broke it in half. "So," I began while nibbling on the sweet treat. "What's going to happen now?"

North put his hands on his hips and puffed out his chest. "We will carry on as normal."

"H-hold on, you mean just go out our business?" Bunny clarified but with a confused expression. "Like as if nothing is happening?"

"I think you've finally taken to many cookies to the head there, North." Jack said with his smug little face.

On that note, I paused in mid-bite as I let the cookie hang from my mouth. If I wasn't starving I probably would of said forget the cookies, but I continued to eat them anyway, shrugging off Jack's remark.

North chuckled and slapped Jack on the back. "Come on think about it."

Immediately it seemed like Sandy caught on to whatever North was talking about, by the way Sandy lifted himself off the ground, smile with a head nod.

North then looked closely at each one of us. "Pitch hasn't shown himself yet."

"But, his Nightmares." Tooth said worriedly.

That's when my stomach churned and I lost my appetite. I pushed the plate of cookies away, thinking about the Nightmares, who this Pitch guy is, and my thoughts led me to the tall dark man in the forest.

"Only his Nightmares have attacked, which means Pitch is planning something."

Bunny still seemed confused by this. "So you want us to carry on as normal?"

"Shouldn't we be finding out what this plan of his is?" Jack insisted.

"That is what he wants us to do, so instead we will make him come to us!" North's voice echoed as his plan was finally explained clearly to us.

"Isn't that a bit dangerous?" Bunny pointed out, "What if that's his plan."

I lost all focus on the discussion as the Guardians continued, I on the other hand didn't know what to do and my thoughts were still wrapped around Pitch. When I met him, he didn't attack me, he didn't threaten me, and so what did he want? He doesn't know me or the reasons why I'm with the Guardians, but does he even know I know about the guardians, or that I'm with them? More thoughts were piling up, it felt as if I had been drowning in them, I didn't know what to do.

"Hey, you all right?" A cold sensation seeped through my shirt and touched my skin, I didn't flinch at it because instead it felt soothing. It snapped out of my daze and I saw Jack, with his hand on my shoulder.

"Huh, oh, uh, y-yeah, I'm fine." My voice went really high and squeaky.

Jack looked at my suspiciously but before he could say anything North cut in with this booming voice. "So it is decided!"

"Nothing has been decided!" Bunny shouted, "North aren't you listening to me."

By the sounds of these too it seems like were going with North's plan and that's when I said. "So, what am I to do?" I stood up and walked around to the front of the table.

That seemed to have gotten North stumped, but I was wrong when he laughed and came around behind me, pushing me at Jack who luckily caught me by the shoulders. I quickly looked up slightly embarrassed, but then again, Jack shared the same expression

"You will go with Jack." North said with a teasing smile.

"Wait, seriously?" I spun around, with my arms flailing. "Why?"

All he did next was put a large round object in my hand that I paid no attention to as I was in a state of surprise.

"All right everybody, go on and do your job!" North walked away as he shouted at all of us.

"North, are you even listening to me?" I began walking swiftly behind North and felt whatever object that was in my hand being taken. "Hey, North!" Then I felt someone grab my arm, brining me to a halt.

"Let's go." Jack devilishly smiled with an eyebrow raised and threw the round object making it create another colorful swirling veil.

I tried breaking free but Jack did not remove his icy grip from my arm. "No, there is no way, I'm- ah!" Before I knew I was hauled in.