Prologue

Gabriella’s POV

‘Excuse me, princess, the queen would like to meet you in the dining room.’ informed a maid politely.

  ‘Thank you Isa, I’ll go and meet her soon.’ I said.

  Then, Isa left the room silently.

  I tidied my blue and white dress and went to the dining room.

👑

  The dining table was filled with delicious food. There is pasta, salad, small chocolate cakes and a glass of red wine for both of us.

  I took a seat and looked at my dinner joyfully.

  I finished my salad in three minutes and took a sip from my wine.

  ‘Gabriella, we need to talk.’ said my mother Queen Lauren.

  ‘Yes mother.’ I choked. I have a feeling that I got into trouble.

  ‘You know that our kingdom is finding it harder and harder to combat Theria right?’ she asked.

  ‘Of course I know that!’ I answered. Seriously, I am more aware of what is going on with our kingdom Caiya more than any of the seven siblings I have!

  ‘In order to combat Theria, we and our ally Derus decided to wed one of our princesses to their eldest prince Ivan who will be king. We’ve decided to wed you off. You two will have one year of time to court before getting married. After you’re married to him, our kingdoms will unite.’ explained Lauren.

  I love Derus, it is my favourite kingdom next to my own. But how am I going to get along with Prince Ivan, it’s next to impossible.

  Is this just a nightmare? This cannot be true. Prince Ivan is such a self-centred spoiled brat, I don't care about how handsome he is! This is going to end up being another loveless marriage!

  ‘HELL NO!!!’ I punched the table with rage.

  ‘Gabriella, this kind of profanity should never be out of the mouth of a royal!’ she yelled at me.

  ‘Why would you do this to me?!’ I wept. She clearly hates me.

  ‘My dear, I know how you are feeling right now. I used to react like you when I found out that I have to wed your father Peter. But it all turned out fine. We chose you because we think that you’ll make a good ruler of the new united kingdom.’ said my mother.

  ‘I hope so.’ I responded. If things don't work out, I am going to escape.

  ‘I promise it will work out.’ she smiled.

👑

  ‘Prince Ivan, the king would like to see you in the garden.’ said a butler.

  ‘Okay, I’ll be there.’ I replied flatly.

  After that butler went away, I went to the garden to see him.

👑

  ‘Hello, son.’ said my father King Robert.

  ‘Hi father.’ I responded.

  ‘You know that our kingdom has more and more problems dealing with Theria, right?’ he told me.

  ‘I don't know and don’t care but thanks for the information, carry on.’ I noted and admired myself by staring at my reflection on a small mirror that I carry around with me. Seriously, who cares about politics?

  ‘In order to deal with this big problem facing us, we decided to wed Princess Gabriella to you. You and Gabriella will have a year to court. When you two finally get married, our kingdom and Caiya will unite.’ he said.

  What?! I will marry Princess Gabriella?! I don't want to waste my precious time on making her listen to me! Besides, she's not even beautiful. Why would a handsome man such as myself waste anytime on girls like her?

  ‘But dad...’ I shouted.

  ‘No buts.’ he interrupted.

  There is no way I am going to stand her.

A. N: First time I write in first person, feels kinda awkward to be honest. Btw, the girl in the picture is Princess Gabriella in case you couldn't tell.