Escape: Gabriella

Tears rolled down my cheeks non stop, I wiped my tears with my sleeve and it was as damp as a swamp. I glanced at the window in my room and one word formed in my mind.

Escape.

But... was it worth the risk? The world was a dangerous place, diseases, starvation, wild animals, assasins... and most importantly, I wouldn't be queen.

Queen? Ha! Good one. He would just divorce me and marry that pink haired bimbo or whoever was pretty enough for him.

Yes, escape.

But first, how?

I searched deep into a large chest I had in my room. A big bag was found, perfect.

I got the cheapest chothes and shoes from my closet and started fitting them in.

I waited until midnight and went to the kitchen to steal some food.

Let’s see, dried meat, bread, jam... what was I to get?

I took a loaf of bread and some berries.

‘Hey, lady. What do you think you are doing?’ a couple of guards asked in a hostile manner.

‘I am um... getting some midnight snacks.’ I replied sheepishly.

‘We are sorry, Princess.’ the guards apologized as soon as they recognized my voice.

Looks like I would have to to disguise my voice.

I went to my room and wrapped the food with parchment paper before putting them into the bag.

Some of the servants would be leaving tomorrow morning, so the next thing to do is to snatch a maid’s uniform.

I sneaked into the maids’ dorm. Their uniforms were hanging in the mini courtyard.

I stepped out as quietly as possible. After I managed to remove both of the clips, a maid spotted me and stormed out. I picked up the uniform and ran.

I heard her heavy and speedy footsteps. I hid myself behind some curtains, she was looking around for me but gave up.

I gave out a sigh of relief and returned to my room.

I took off my nightgown and tried on the uniform. It was a bit too short for me but it was fine.

The next thing to do was to obviously disguise myself.

I poured ink onto a piece of paper and letted it dry.

Then, I got some shading on my face.

After that, I found an eyepatch inside my drawer and wore it.

Lastly, I tore the ink filled paper and putted them on my tooth.

I looked into the mirror and I looked like a completely different person, what name would be suitable? Let’s go with Joan.

It was dawn, I stepped out of the main entrance of the palace. The sun was rising and the sky was orange, there were many carts filled with servants.

A guard asked ‘Where are you going to?’

‘Um... Faemore.’ I replied in a deeper voice. It was a city with quite a balanced climate.

‘Off to Faemore you go.’ he said as he pointed to the cart behind me.

‘Thanks.’ I said and hopped in.