Where Is She: Ivan

She was offended by my practical joke, wasn't she? I mean after all, she was my future wife. Who knows? She might be in her room.

  I went to the garden and picked a bunch of flowers from the garden. Then, I walked to her room.

  I knocked at her door, but no one answered.

  ‘Gabriella, it’s me, Ivan! I’m sorry.’ there was no sign of her.

  I tried knocking again.

  ‘Gabriella!’ I shouted. But she didn't answer, the only sound was my voice echoing down the silent hallway.

  Then, there were sounds from her, but it didn't belong go her. Instead, it was her dog.

  I opened the door slowly and her dog started barking at me.

  It was noisy and I wasn't the most fond of dogs, but I kneeled down in front of it anyway.

  ‘Where did your master go?’ I asked, patting its head.

  I knew that I looked like a complete idiot just now, but it is better than nothing.

  It barked at me again, then it walked out of her room.

  I followed it, maybe this dog had a clue.

  Then, it just stopped there. Thanks for nothing...

  I walked to the maid’s dorm.

  I found an old maid hanging clothes there. ‘Do you know where Gabriella is?’ I asked desperately.

  ‘No, I don't. Your Majesty.’ she replied.

  Thanks for nothing, again.

  ‘Princess Gabriella is no where to be found in the palace, your Highness.’ a butler rushed to me and said.

  ‘Wait, was she kidnapped?’ I asked frantically.

  ‘I’m afraid that nobody knows the answer.’ he replied.

  I pushed him aside and went to find my parents.

  They were in the throne room, before my parents were a bunch of staff. Doctors, gardeners, servants... you name it.

  ‘When did you last see her?’ my father asked the gardener, his carefree tone complete gone.

  ‘Well, it was the previous evening... when she was walking in the garden, Sire.’ he said meekly.

  I began walking down the stairs, my mother immediately noticed my presence.

  ‘Son, have you seen Gabby?’ she asked.

  I never got why she always called her that.

  ‘I went to her room this morning and she wasn't there.’ I sighed.

  ‘I see, when was the last time you saw her?’ she asked.

  ‘It was in the garden last evening... well... um... she ran away.’ I said, not wanting to say what happened yesterday in detail.

  My father asked all the people in the throne room where she was, but nobody had a single clue.

  It took almost an hour to do just that.

  ‘Since no one knows where she went, I have no choice but to dismiss all of you.’ said my father, shaking his head.

  Then, mother ordered breakfast to be served.

  We ate our food silently, nobody cared for a conversation.