An Unexpected Visitor: Gabriella

It had been a week since I got here. Today is the day that everyone here had all been waiting for, salary day.

After me and Will were back from town with new clothes in hand (and a few books on mine), we were working beside the pool.

As steam hogged the room like fog, a handsome man walked in.

He had silvery blonde hair and a square jaw. His eyes were an icy blue, and his perfect lips curled up into a sly smirk.

He took his shirt off, revealing his broad, muscled sholders and torso.

My cheeks went hot, and I found out that I was staring for way too long.

So, I turned to the other side.

But the man walked past Will and walked in front of me, his cold eyes meeting mine.

Wait... was he Prince Leon of Theria? What was he doing here?

I immediately kneeled before the shirtless prince, ‘‘Good evening, Your Highness.’’

Right after I greeted him, he also kneeled down, ‘‘Good evening, fair maiden. What is your name?’’

‘‘My name is Joan, Your Grace.’’

‘‘Very well... Joan. Hey! The other maid here, get out!’’

Will left the room immediately.

Now It’s just me and... the heir of my rival kingdom...

He reached his tanned hand for my chin and raised it, and our eyes met again as I felt chills down my spine.

‘‘What do you want, Prince Leon’’ my voice hardening.

‘‘First of all, stand up. Will you? My knees hurt.’’

I stood up, his hand still touching my chin.

‘‘So, my feisty little princess, will you keep me company for now?’’ he smirked, reaching his muscled arms for my waist and pulling me close to his chiseled abs.

Crap... did he figure out my true identity?

‘‘Very,’’ I replied, as he took my knee to his groin.

He backed away from me before falling onto the wet floor.

‘‘Ow! But I’ll make you’’ he winked.