The Library: Gabriella

The next day, I went to the library to find something to read. The books there looked abnormally new, I guess that they had the resources to make printing with high quality.

When I finally picked a book about the ‘god marks’ of a person and how it affects their nature, I made my way to the centre of the library with alot of comfy couches.

I found out that I was not alone. A girl with wavy strawberry blonde hair and a tall frame and looked around my age was reading on one of the couches.

She dropped her book and I rushed to help her fetch the book from the floor.

‘Oh, thank you. Wait, are you new here?’ she smiled at me and asked.

‘Oh yes, I am princess Gabriella of Caiya. By the way, you’re welcome.’ I replied.

‘Really! Are you the one who gives speeches in the Winter Ball every year?’ she asked.

‘Well yes.’ I said.

‘Why are you here in Derus?’ she asked curiously.

‘Well, my kingdom and Derus decided to unite a year later, they decided to wed me to Ivan.’ I said, looking away from her.

‘I see. Allow me to introduce myself, I am princess Violet.’ she said.

‘Nice to meet you.’ I offered my right hand.

We shook hands.

As I sat next to her, I saw Ivan sighing and walking in heavy steps into the library.

He walked towards the direction where the desks were.

I went towards his direction to see the reason why he looked so angsty.

As he sat on a chair, he putted down a thick book.

He sighed and opened the book, scratching his head.

‘Hey, what’s wrong, Ivan.’ I asked.

He sighed again and said ‘I still have no idea what it meant by this.’

He pointed at a phrase, it was a famous phrase that King Theo the thirteenth of the Wizards said during The Great Separation. I remembered that I learnt about that three months ago from my history tutor, I was looking forward to him coming so that history classes would resume.

‘That is easy.’ I said in the most sassy way possible. That’s for being an arrogant prick in the past few days!

‘This phrase meant that he had mixed feelings about living in separate continents with the other races...’ I went on explaining in detail and surprisingly, he listened and looked very interested.

Did I got him into history? It would be great if I did!

‘Hey love, mind not study with me for a while?’ he asked, winking.

My face got red. Did he seriously just called me ‘love’?!

I got another chair and sat next to him.

He moved his hand and dropped his quill. I grabbed it without hesitation, he grabbed the quill at the same time that I grabbed it, making his hand tightly grabbing mine.

Did he do that on perhaps? Maybe...