Enough is Enough: Gabriella & Ivan

‘Let’s see, flame shields... page 121...’ I muttered as I turned to the page.

  ‘The user should point their finger or palm upwards.’ I read out loud. Makes sense, since fire only burns upwards.

  I was in an isolated part of the castle, so I would not cause much damage.

  I pointed my finger towards the sky and thought of fire after closing my eyes, as soon as I looked upwards, a tiny dome of flames appeared on the tip of my fingers.

  I concentrated for fifteen minutes and the dome became larger... by an inch.

  My hand closed into a fist and the dome disappeared.

  The magic that I was using could only be used by humans, and the type of magic a human wields was determined by which god had blessed you before birth. I was blessed by the god of protection, the tenth most common god that blessed the unborn.

  It was late afternoon and I was getting tired, so I started walking back to my bedroom.

👑

  The breeze swept through my sky blue dress and the colourful primroses on the sides of the path, I saw a femine figure with pink hair standing there... cutting grass, perhaps.

  Woosh! All of a sudden, someone ran towards the figure. It was Ivan?! How did he run that fast all of a sudden?

  Ivan pulled the figure closer to him and... kissed her!

  ‘Enough is enough!’ I screeched. Then, I ran towards him. Not caring if I was stepping on the primroses.

  As soon as I reached them, I pulled Ivan by his collar and slapped him right on the face.

  After that, I ran as fast as I could away from him. Tears started to run down my face, my heartbeat was getting louder and louder... so loud that I couldn't hear any sound around me, I felt like a large rock was on my back. My heart is... breaking.

Ivan’s POV:

  I felt somebody was grabbing my collar, as soon as I saw her fierce blue eyes, I knew who she was... Gabriella.

  Her hand swooped through the air like the feather of a falcon. She slapped me on the face, the slap felt like a shard piercing through my soul.

  After that, she ran away. Did I anger her? Had my tricks gone too far?

  ‘Gabriella! Gabriella!’ I shouted as I ran after her. But I lost track of her after some time.