Chapter Twenty- 1K Reader Bonus!

Brianna jerked awake with a start, eyes slowly coming into focus.   She lay on a large bed covered with a heavy down comforter.   She could see the sunlight streaming through the tall, grand windows and sat up in confusion.    The last she recalled was the sick feeling of losing control and then blackness.   The room she was in was a large bedroom,walled with shelves of books and graced by beautiful oak furniture.   In one corner was a small sitting area which overlooked the expansive space.   

The bed she lay in was a king sized, four poster antique, hung with vibrantly red velvet curtains.  It was designed to allow complete darkness if the occupant wished, by drawing the curtains closed around the bed.  Mystified she rose, conscious that she wore a sleek white silk peignoir, a long and expensively made nightgown of french descent.   She moved with swiftness across the room, bare feet sinking into lush pale cream carpet.   At the closed door she hesitated, then attempted to open it.   Surprised when the knob turned she pulled it open and stepped out into the elegant hall.  

In the daylight she could see out the huge windows and the natural beauty of the forest in which the estate was set struck her.   Why had he given her this freedom, she wondered, fearing a trap.  Uncomfortable that he'd actually changed her before placing her in bed she tried not to panic.   Maybe she had fouled her dress in the fall, she reasoned nervously, walking down the wide sweep of the stairs to the lower level of the house.   

A small carved table stood near the entry and upon it four dozen absolutely perfect white roses.   A card hid among their loveliness and warily Brianna extracted it.   His words came from the page, shocking her to her core.   "Brianna my dear, I gave you my heart..  You may walk in the yard, take in the beautiful day as you'd like.   I have business to attend to in the city and I will return soon.  Take care of yourself my love, all I have is yours.  G "

Her mouth dropped open in utter surprise.  What trick was this?  Instantly suspicious she darted a glance around her, standing in a warm pool of sunshine.   Something brilliant winked up at her in the sunlight and her gaze dropped to her left hand.   Seated on the left ring finger of her left hand was a enormous diamond solitaire glittering in the bright light.     Raising her trembling hand before her she shook her head, as if to clear it.  What was the meaning of this?   How long had she been passed out for and what had conspired during that time?   

She tugged on the ring, making to remove it, but it would not budge.  It sat on her finger, mocking in its extraordinary beauty, the symbol of a bond she had always dreamed of as a little girl.   "What?  How?" She moaned in desperation.   She roamed the enormous rooms of the mansion, and in each one was startled to find photos.  Photos of her with a very familiar man.  Photos which seemed to indicate she was not only fond of him, not only in love with him, but married to him!    Gareth's sinister smile shone through from each photo, one after the other, in each room.   She ran into the gourmet kitchen, saw photos of herself and him, laughing, cooking, entertaining people!   

She screamed until she could scream no more, until her voice was hoarse and raw....she was married to him, married to her captor, her tormentor, permanently his slave....

Author's Note:  Bet you didn't see that coming did you?    Thank you again for your continued support and readership of Bound.  Once we hit 2k reads I'll give you a sneak peek into the second book coming in the series.....