Chapter Three: Oops I Did It Again

"I have dinner with my friends at seven, but I'll come home at nine, so if that's when you want to talk, then it works for me."

     "Okay." I had said in response to her, as she hung up on me.

Now, at ten o'clock, standing outside her empty apartment door, I realize that it's just another one of her lies. Great. I tried calling her multiple times, but as she is, each time it would go onto her voicemail, her little giggle saying, "Hi, it's Kirstin. Sorry if I'm not answering, it's probably because I'm busy. I'll try my best to call you back later." Again, another lie.

I sighed, my back sliding against the wall, as I sat down crosslegged. Was I seriously about to wait for her to come? I could just leave any minute now. Yet, I knew I had to see her one last time, one last time like this, so that we could finally resolve this crap.

     Thirty minutes later, I had enough. I stood up, brushing off my now-wrinkled pants, as I was about to amble out. Luckily or unluckily (I couldn't tell at this point), Kirstie strutted into the hallway, swaying as she walked.

     "Aaavvviiii, you're heeerrrreee," she smiled toothily, the sickly stench of whiskey on her tongue. Great, she's drunk. Just what I needed.

     "And now I'm leaving," I rolled my eyes, as she limped over to my side.

     "Waaaaiiitttt, but didn't I need to talk with you?" Kirstie asked, her soft hand now clutching my wrist, as I turned to face her.

     "We'll talk when you're not drunk," I stated, gazing at her beautiful brown...nope, Avi, nope. Don't let her get to you.

     "Please don't go," she sniffled, her arms wrapping around my neck. Oh no, here it goes again.

     "Kirstie, I had enough of your games! I'm not as gullible anymore!" I spat, as her eyes widened with tears.

     She looked up at me, her piercing eyes brimming with salty tears, as she gulped, "You really don't think I love you, do you? You think I'm just messing with you, just playing with your feelings. Okay, maybe I was horrible to you. But that's because of..." She hesitated for a second, regret flashing through her face.

     "Because of what? Huh, Kirst, why are you doing this to me? To yourself? To everyone?" I inquired, growing angry and annoyed.

     Kirstie glanced around the empty halls for a second, motioning to her door, quietly saying, "Can we talk inside?"

     I nodded, too frustrated and numb to say anything at all. Her hand latched the door knob, as she opened the door, almost dropping the key. She gestured for me to come in, which I did, as she took off her heavy coat, placing it onto the coat rack.

     "Let me help you with that," she intoned softly, her hands reaching for my leather jacket.

     "I'm fine," I said, waving her hands away. I wasn't going to take any chances.

     "Alright," she dropped her Chanel purse onto her grey couch, plopping herself against it.

     I sat down on the crimson chair across from her, as she shook off her Christian Louboutin heels, her bare feet now on her glass coffee table. Beside her red-polished toes were piles of tabloids, all inscribing our incidents. Kirstie breathed in, crossing her arms, starting, "So, what did you want to talk about?"