Chapter Seven: Where Are Ü Now?

kelseyisapenguin_  hp3ptx kateKaplan101
Y'all are smart and found out quickly what was wrong with Kirstie. *applauds you guys*
Seven Months Later:

     She's gone. Ran away. Nowhere to be found. And it's all my fault.

     I slid down, now on my knees. It was all my fault. If only I was there for her. If only I was there for her when she needed me.

     Mitch and Scott gazed at me coldly. They had just informed me that she left. That she was never coming back.

     I bit my lip, but sobs erupted from my soul anyways. She was gone. With a part of me.

     I rocked myself slowly, loathing myself for this. I should have given her another chance months prior. I shouldn't have shut her out. I should have known what she was hiding from me. I should have been with her when she needed me. But now she was gone. With nothing to tell us where she is.

     Her cell phone. Broken and found in the trash can outside the airport. Her bank accounts, all emptied out. She used the money for her last flight, her last flight to the mysterious destination. Her new home, wherever it could be.

     I had nothing of hers, she throw out all her belongings in the trash chute in her apartment. All her stuff, most likely now in a dumpster.

     It was because of me, that she quit Pentatonix. She was done with this life, she had told us two days ago. She was done with this life, so she had to move away. She had to leave, so she wasn't forced to see me every day, to see the cause of her pain every single day. She was finished; she had enough. And now, we didn't know where she was. All I knew that a part of me was with her, a child that I should be with, a child that I never knew I had until a few minutes ago.

     This was all my fault. I had to find her.
*************************************

     Two Months Earlier:

     We had our first Pentatonix meeting in the studio in months. All of us decided we needed to go on hiatus, the stress had gotten to us, all we needed was a break. I barely saw any of them anymore, until today, during the meeting.

     We were going to go on tour starting in two months. Our next album, which was supposed to be released s**n, was now delayed, since we all gone on break. None of us worked for six months. Esther and I were with our family, going on family camping trips and hiking through the calming woods. Kevin was working on his solo music, while Superfruit were doing their own thing with their videos and albums. As for Kirstie, well, she stayed hidden. In fact, I don't even know what she was up to.

     I glanced at Kirstie; she changed. She seemed extremely exhausted, as if she barely slept, and she was very quiet. When she talked, she stuttered with insecurities, not with the flowing air of confidence that used to fill her blood. Surprisingly, she wasn't on social media at all, I even think she deleted all of hers, hopefully not because of our past. I definitely forgiven her and also forgotten our incidents these days. Gratefully, so has the press, for all they talk about nowadays is the fact that Pentatonix was on hiatus.

     She hugged herself tightly, her legs under her chin. She was draped in a way-oversized Nike sweater, black leggings, and Uggs, as she curled into a ball on the couch. Her eyes were glassy, as if she was merely a doll [hehe hint at Broken Dolls 😂], as if she was merely a lifeless being trapped in her body. She shuddered for no reason at all, as I neared her, sitting beside her.