Chapter Eight

Alexandria ^^^

It was a wonderful day and everything was going smoothly. Everyone had already participated in our little game when my father got an important call from a client of his. My father was a very busy man and was always doing work, but only on family fun days was when we bonded.

My sisters were already looking for another participant for the next round, but I decided I wanted to back out for today and just spend sometime with my sweet mother. I already knew that she was waiting for the right time to bombard me with questions.

We were both sitting on one of the benches at the park which wasn't near a lot of people, since everyone was having fun with family and friends.

"So Zian, according to what Alex has told me seems to be a real sweet boy and you know I don't do sweet." There it was. The conversation which she couldn't wait to bring up and like always, I was never prepared.

My twin sister, being the detective that she is, had even find out his name but that didn't surprise me. She could work for the police with her amazing skills on how to gather information in such a short period of time, but she would probably end up just killing all the prisoners.

"Well from the looks of it, he seems to have a reputation of being the school's bad boy but I don't care. I mean, I'm sure he wouldn't be able to handle someone as me with your great parenting skills," I said as I smiled up at her. She seemed satisfied with my answer as she gave a little nod.

"Now that I know he is a charming little fellow, I can see he won't be a bad influence on you in case you decide to talk to him. After all, high school is the time for you to make memories and I trust it won't be hard to make memorable ones," she smirked at me.

It was my time to nod because I just wanted this conversation to end more than anything. Any conversation with my mother could take a nasty turn in mere seconds and that wouldn't be a good thing in public. I could already imagine the amount of attention we would receive.

"Well that was a nice little chat and all, but I think I have just spotted the perfect participant for our game." Following her gaze, I spotted a tall, light skinned man with neat brown hair wearing a business suit walking in a quick pace.

Giving the hand signal to begin the chase, I saw my sisters nod before the each began to go after their target. I couldn't wait to see who would be back first and looked the same way before they went after their target.

Sighing, I relaxed myself as I looked at all the people with smiles on their face as they went about their business. They were just doing what everyone else assumed normal while my family on the other hand was doing the unthinkable.

Twirling the strands of hair that framed my face, I began humming a little tune as I wished that I had bring my sketchbook with me. Of course, they wouldn't let me take it along.

"I didn't think I would see you here." The voice belonged to the one and only Zian making me want to stab myself. Out of all places he could be, he was here with the same three men from last night by his side.

"Can you just leave me alone and go somewhere else," I said, not bothering to look at his face. Instead of leaving me alone like I asked, he sat down besides me while the men sat down on the other side.

"Now why should I leave a pretty girl all alone?" He asked, as I thought about slapping him. Of all things to say, those were the words that slid out of his mouth making me want to gag.

I tapped my finger on my chin and pretended to be thinking before responding. "Well because I am here with my mother and if she sees you near me, I am will not be the one removing her from your body," I said casually.

Getting up, I was about to walk away when he pulled me back down. 

"Leaving so soon? Why not stay with us a bit?" He asked as I looked back at the men to see they were all busy staring at their phones. 

"I'm afraid if I stay, then you won't have to worry about my mother but me instead," I said sweetly, before getting up once again and storming off to where my father was on the phone speaking.

When he saw me, he continued speaking to his client about their deal before ending his call and paying attention to me. 

"What is it darling? Why are you not taking part in the game?" He asked, before he began typing something quickly and then placed his phone in his pocket.

"Oh nothing. I'm just trying to be a good girl for once and for some reason, a small group of people was making that quite difficult," I huffed out as he chuckled before messing up my bun and walking away.

I couldn't wait for this day to end.