" I'll love you for all eternity "

A/n - Image credits go to original creator.

You and Jeff had been dating for about 11 months now, counting that slight awkward breakup moment, and it had been awesome. Wonderful. Amazing. You didn't think it was possible to love someone so much, but with every glance, every touch, every word, you found yourself falling more and more in love. You didn't know how that was possible, but you wouldn't change it for the world. It was 2am now and the two of you were lying in your bed, fairy lights and candles on, just talking about everything. 

" (Y/n)? " Jeff asked suddenly. You turned to look at him. 

" Yeah? " You asked, smiling at the way he was looking at the ceiling, his eyes tracing the patterns you, Jane and Sally had made with glow-in-the-dark stars. He bit his lip for a moment before turning to look at you. You were now both lying on your sides, looking into each other's eyes. 

" Where do you think this is going? " He asked, looking down at the bed suddenly. You frowned, a little confused as to what he meant. 

" Where do I think what's going? " You asked, moving your hand to stroke his cheek lightly. " This relationship? " He nodded. 

" Yeah. " He mumbled. Your frown deepened and your hand stopped moving, instead resting on his cheek. 

" Well, I'm kinda hoping this is for the long run. " He looked into your eyes. " Don't you? " You asked, momentarily hurt at the thought. 

" You'd want to marry me? " He asked, uncertainty clouding his features.

" Well, I mean, " you looked away, embarrassed all of a sudden. " yeah... " you trailed off, suddenly unsure as to if he felt the same way. Surely you hadn't been imagining his love for you, right? He smiled before moving closer and tightening the hold he had on your body. He kissed you, reassuring you that he felt just as strongly towards you as you felt towards him.

" Thank god. " He mumbled against your lips suddenly. You frowned but went to kiss him again. He didn't let you though, pulling away at the last moment and getting up, You leaned up on your elbows and whined. He walked around the bed to your side and you frowned. 

" Baby... What are you doing? " You asked, eyeing him suspiciously as he moved. He grinned at you, his mouth barely visible in the dim light. 

" Okay, this is going to sound cheesy. " He started, slowly getting down on one knee. You put your hand in front of your mouth. He got a small box out of his hoodie pocket (well, at least now you knew why he'd insisted on going to bed with it) and smiled at you. 

" Yes. " You instantly answered, caught up in the moment that had barely just started. He frowned. 

" (Y/n), let me finish. " He was smiling, trying not to laugh at your excitement. 

" Right sorry. " You nodded for him to continue, hand still in front of your mouth. 

" Okay, I know we haven't been together that long, well, eleven months isn't really short either.. " He was getting side-tracked. You resisted the urge to tell him to hurry up. " But I am so freaking in love with you. I can't imagine living my life without you, so why wait? I might as well do this now, then we can be married forever. " He smiled dorkily <is that a word?> at you. Okay, not creepy at all. 

" Definitely. " You answered, but apparently he wasn't finished with his speech. 

" (Y/N)! " He shouted suddenly, causing you to jump. 

" What?! " You answered back. 

" Let me finish woman! " Was his reply. 

" Oh, sorry! " You definitely felt a little bad for the second interruption. He sighed before smiling at you.