Tired of Tears

(Sonata's pov)

I woke up but didn't open my eyes. I heard murmured voices that seemed to fade into the fogging of my mind. I peeled my eyes open, it was a bright room with tiles and lights. I was laying on a bed that was stiff with too many pillows. To my far left Rue and the boys were all whispering to themselves, not noticing I was awake. I looked around the room. It became obvious I was at the nurse. Why? What happened?

I sat up and swung my legs over the side of the bed. I immediately felt light headed and dizzy. It seemed like I was just sitting there for hours looking around waiting for them to notice I was awake. A short chubby woman with really rosy cheeks came in. She was looking down at her clip board and mumbling to herself so she didn't notice me either. Her eye flickered to me for a second then back to the board. Then she did a double take, realizing I was awake. She was so startled she jumped, I had to stifle a giggle.

"Oh! Oh! My dear your awake I see." She said approaching me. Rue and the boy's head snapped over to me so fast I thought they'd be disconnected from their bodies. They're eyes all widened in surprise. I just looked down at my lap. The boys all walked over to me with smiles. I was still so confused.

"Ok so how long have you been awake?" She questioned checking my temperature. I looked up to the ceiling pondering, then at the clock. When I woke up it read 2:09 now it read 3:36. Was I really waiting for that long? It didn't feel like it.

"About an hour and a half." I said with a shrug. All their eyes widened.

"And hour and a hal- Why didn't you say something?" Rue asked. All the eyes on me made my flush. I looked back down to my lap.

"I uh- You guy were talking so I didn't want to bother you. What happened exactly?" I asked with a raised brow. The boys stayed silent, something about there expressions made me worried. They were all looking at me with a mixture of pity and guilt. My stomach lurched at the sight.

"You don't remember? We um-uh found you in the bathroom." Blake stated with a cautious voice. Then, like a bag of bricks, the memory of the hands came back. I remembered everything, what happened who found me. At the thought my breathing hitched. I just stared at the floor unable to get out words. Did they see? Of course they saw they saw everything. They know I'm weird now, they know I'm broken and they won't want me. I'm gonna have to take my lif- I was cut out of my thoughts when someone cleared there throat.

I looked up from the floor and frozen in fear. My father was in the glass doorway with his arms folded over his chest. Just seeing him again made me want to vomit. Stay calm. He can't hurt you while your with other people. Stay calm. I put on a fake smile. My father gave me a fake smile too, but then put on his full facade and acted like the award winning father he wasn't.

"Hey Sonata. You didn't come home I was so worried. What happened?" His voice was dripping empathy and concern, I almost believed them and I knew for a fact they were lies. My father could have won Oscars for the performances he put on in public. He was a good man who was also rich. I shrugged and looked to the floor. I could feel his gaze burning into my skull as he waited for an answer.

"Hello Mr. Albon it's nice to meet you, and a great honor sir." I heard Rue say in a tone I've never heard him use before. It was polite and monotone, he made his voice slightly deeper than it was naturally, which made him seem older than he was. He shook my father's hand and he nodded. My father smiled his sweet smile and looked back to me as if he was eager.

"Does anyone know what happened?" He questioned looking around. The boy's eyes flickered to me and I gave them a look, my eyes pleaded telling them not to tell, I prayed they got the hint. My dad hated when I mentioned anything about David or what he had done. I used to think it was because he was guilty, but after what he did I doubt it. He also hated when I had panic attacks. I was already about to be punished when I got home, I didn't need anyone adding to the load.