Confession

(Nota's pov)

I haven't been this happy in so long. Being with them is so wonderful. And to think they're this happy after everything that happened to them. We all are bonded by how broken we are. I just cant contain the opulence if this moment.

"Nota bear you ok?" Alex asked breaking me out of my inner monologue. I blinked. Then blushed a little. Me and Alex were alone in his car. We were driving to my house to get my clothes. Helen said I could live with her. We both got a little teary eyed in the moment. She opened her home to me, no hesitation. I can't believe how kind she is. I gladly excepted but I am a little afraid if being under the same roof as that hateful man of a husband. When I told Helen about him and my fathers plans to rape me she sobbed so hard, I feel a little guilty for telling her. I think she finally realized just how much if a monster her husband is. I'm scared of seeing my dad, but the likely hood of it is slim since it's the weekend. He's never home.

"I'm fine." I reassured quickly almost forgetting I had forgotten to answer. Alex looked at me and smirked.

"So you and Rue huh?"

"I-I don't know what you mean."

"Don't pretend. We all see you like each other." 

I blushed at his comments. Is it wrong I'm not totally against the idea? I know. It's stupid. I'm stupid. But I can't deny the butterflies I get when he looks at me. Or how I feel when they say we'd make a great couple. It's wrong. It's stupid. He'd never ever like me. And a few weeks ago I'd never consider even thinking about something like that. Kissing seemed disgusting, sex was repulsive. I never even fathomed the possibility of it not being forced.
I don't know what changed. I don't know how it changed.
But it did, it did change.

I suddenly got an idea. And desperate to change the subject now was the perfect time.

"What about you and Mark huh?" I pried smirking evilly. His eyes grew wide and I saw him blush. For the first time his calm and cool facade broke.

"W-what are you talking about?" He babbled helplessly. I only chuckled.

"They can't see it but I can. You two like each other. Do you like him? Have you kissed yet?" This made him go as red as a tomato. He laughed nervously.

"I'm n-not....we haven't...I'm not ga-"

"I know Alex. That's not what I asked. It's also not what matters. I asked if you like him." I said softly. He just stared at me a moment both of us still in the car, now parked outside my house. His eyes searched mine for some inconsistence or lie. But I was completely sincere. He hesitated, unsure if he should tell me something. I could tell he desperately wanted to say it. It was scratching at his insides.

"Yes. I'm in love with him."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later me and Alex finally return home. My bag of clothes in hand. I'm smiling like an idiot and am practically bouncing off the walks with the news I had just heard. Love? I mean yeah I knew they had the hots for each other but god damn love?

Alex has been a lot quieter since he told me. I think he's embarrassed. I can understand. But I think he should tell him. I mean how cute would they be? Now he confessed to me I had to tell him the truth about how I felt about Rue. It was a very awkward conversation. And of course he had the mandatory 'if you hurt my best friend I'll kill you.' Talk. That was weird too. I honestly see Alex as a big brother. He protects me and I can't stop thanking him.

We walk into the house and Alex nudges me to stop smiling so much. I try my best not to look out if my mind happy and we enter the living room where everyone is waiting. When Rue sees me he smiles and my stomach dose a flip. I plop down next to him and he wraps his arm around me. I melt into the warmth of him. His has a bowl of popcorn on his lap. I smirk and steal it, popping a popcorn in my mouth in the process.

"Hey that's mine!" He whines.

"I don't know what your referring to."

"The popcorn in your lap Nota."

"Oh this? Oh I've had this the whole time Rueben."

"Oh here we go. What happened to grizzly?"

"Nothing. Rueben just suits you more." I say looking up to him. He buffs irritation.

"You're short."

"Shut up."

"...........It's cute."

My eyes snap to him, cheeks warming
Cute? He thinks I'm cute? He stares for second. Then our heads inch closer, I close my eyes ready for this to happen. We inch closer my stomach clenched. Just as we were about to kiss when a cruel sneer breaks us out if our moment harshly.

"What is this slut still doing in my house?"

~~~~~~~
Short chapter I know and I'm super sorry. I really busy and I'll update as soon as I can. Comment down below what you want to happen in upcoming chapters. Thanks loves.