Color

It was so bright. With them my lungs were only filled with laughter. My eyes saw colors I didn't even know existed. We spent pretty much the rest of the day in Rue's house having fun.

Me having fun, who knew.

After everything, after my weird mental break down and having to save me from Mr. Fon, they didn't leave. I'd be lieing if I said this wasn't the happiest day of my existence. Even though I knew I was like, SO dead once I went home, I didn't care, I just was with them, I was a person.

We were all on the floor in the living room. It'd been hours and Rue's parents still weren't home, I wanted to ask but me of all people should know to not ask about people's personal lives. The whole day we just hung out while movies they were shocked I've never seen played in the background. They put on the show called Sponge Bob Squarepants. I loved it so much! Who knew a singing yellow square could be so fun. They boys weren't very interested but they watched me in amusement as I discovered new shows and movies in was oblivious to.

"Hey Nota what's your favorite color?" Jake asks out of nowhere. It broke our two minutes of comfortable silence which I didn't mind much.

"So random....uh ok. It's White." I replied simply.

We were all laying on the floor in front of the tv. I was sitting criss cross apple sauce while the twins laid diagonally about four feet away. Mark was laying while resting on her arms next to Alex, and Rue was actually on the couch right behind us.

"White isn't a color." Rue said smugly. I rolled my eyes and turned back to him. The sun went down and it was dark, the only light was being provided by the tv screen. This boy had the nerve to look like a prince.

"Oh shut up Grizzly." I smirked knowing my new nickname would aggravate him. To be honest I thought it suited him perfectly.

"Don't call me that." He growled. "Call you what?" I asked innocently.

"You know what."

"No I don't."

"Don't call me grizzly."

"Huh? Sorry I didn't catch that." I whisper yelled, gesturing to my ear. All the boys were stifling laughter as Rue glared daggers at me. Man he glares a lot, even to his friends, but he puts on a different more scary glare when it's someone he truly distastes.

"Hey out of all the things why grizzly bear?" Black questioned looking back at me front the tv screen. Why did I call him that? I had to think about it for a moment before it came to me.

"He's exactly like a bear. He's so mean to people like a grizzly. But when he's around you guys he's completely different like a teddy bear!" I admitted truthfully. Looked back at Rue holding a teasing smirk.

"Now that I think about it. Maybe I should call you teddy instead of grizzly." I poked. Rue's nose scrunched up in disgust and he shook his head violently.

"Hell no." He growled. I burst into laughter along with the others.

"You know unlike that a lot more. I agree you should call him that Nota." Jake continues. Rue's frown deepens which makes it more funny.

"Aww Nota bear. And teddy bear. What I perfect fit." Mark teased. I hadn't realized both our nicknames had a 'bear' in it until now. Rue kept scowling so I crawled onto the couch next to him. I poked his cheek.

"Stop frowning. Your gonna lose all your good looks scowling like that all the time." I whined. Rue looked a little surprised, then his frown turned into a smirk. He moved her body so we were face to face.