~07~

♣️

The kettle whistled loudly interrupting Lisa from her deep thoughts. She has been spacing out since Rosé's confession. Numerous questions were racing inside her head, some of them she'd rather leave unanswered. She refused to accept the idea, that her best friend whom she considers as sister, likes the person she hates the most. And that hateful person is now inside their dorm, sitting on their couch.

Pouring the boiling water into the ceramic pot, she glanced at the humming Rosé, cheerfully putting a perfect slice of cake on the matching dish. She can't really understand why do they have to go through the trouble of preparing the food and drinks nicely when it will only be consumed in the end. But the older girl insisted, and even took out Jennie's expensive china set for their tea party. First, they brought boys in their dorms, and now, they used her priceless, unused tea cups. That's two offenses in a day. Impending doom is just around the corner and Lisa can feel it.

Rosé was making final touches on the already immaculate tray with Lisa impatiently watching her at the side. "Are you close to being done, Chae? The food is meant to be eaten, not looked at like an art exhibit." She drawled.

"You eat with your eyes first. You really have no affinity to aesthetics Lisa." Rosé retorted back as she wiped the stray crumb from the plate. "And I'm doing this to make a good impression on You-Know-Who. Being a supportive friend, you should be helping me, not make side commentaries."

Lisa responded with an incoherent grumble. It saddened her to see her friend making all this effort for someone who brings nothing but trouble. Contemplating whether or not to tell Rosé about Jungkook was stretching her mind beyond limits. She has no idea if how to tell her or where to start.

Maybe she can begin at the fact that he is not what he seems he is. That beneath that innocent-looking, good at everything exterior is  an arrogant, self-centered jerk who harasses random strangers out of boredom. Or perhaps about him already having a girlfriend.

Telling her one of the two would hurt her feelings either way, although the latter appears to be a better option. But knowing her friend, she won't take her words without proof. Afterall, Jungkook's personal relationship with Tzuyu remains a secret and in the eyes of the public, and of Rosé, he is not romantically committed to anyone.

Though Lisa can always choose not saying anything, she can't bear keeping things from her best friend and she will only be eaten up by guilt. "What makes you like He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named anyways?" She asked drawing quote marks in the air, "He is totally not your type."

"Are we officially using that code, Liz?" Rosé smiled at her cute gesture, the common ground between the two of them is undeniable. "Besides, I should be blaming you! Because of you, I ended up liking him." She added poking a finger at Lisa's chest repeatedly.

The maknae's brows furrowed, clearly confused at what her unnie said. Never in forever, will she attempt to do anything to make her precious ChaeYoungie like that jerk. "What do you mean by that?"

"Well," Rosé started in a small voice. Shyness was evident in her body language. "Remember that time when we stayed up the whole night when you practically forced me to watch every single BTS videos? And you making me watch it almost everyday? I think I developed a little crush on him, seeing how he can be so cute at times but turns into a charismatic performer on stage." She coloured deeply after finishing her words and started to fiddle the hem of her shirt.