~08~

♣️

"Again."

Lisa shouted in between her pants, signalling their manager to stop the music. She looked back at her members, who, just like her, are catching their breaths, looking tired. They are tired. It's past eleven in the evening and they have been rehearsing the choreographies of their songs Whistle and Playing with Fire for four straight hours. Prior to that, they were briefed by Teddy in regards to the audio adjustments and harmony arrangements he made for both songs.

After that whole fiasco at the Asian Artists Awards, they have been practicing extra hours on their dancing and singing with one thought in mind. No more errors. The big boss, Yang Hyun Suk, famous for his utter dislike in failures, has not even once blamed them. In fact, he has given them constant reassurance that they were not at fault and that all happened because of the 'incompetence of those scheming scumbags' as he put it. He even threatened to sue and deny future attendance of all YG artists in their award ceremonies.

Despite his comforting words, mostly threats, the girls were still devastated. Especially Jennie and Lisa who were the only two who have busted microphones that time. They felt lacking. YG Entertainment is known to produce idols with amazing stage presence and inherent bad-ass swag, but they failed to meet both. The only positive outcome from that event was proving the rest of the world that they don't need to lipsync during a live performance to sound good, haters can choke.

"Break," whimpered Jisoo who dropped her whole body on the floor, beads of perspiration glistening on her forehead. Lisa tried grabbing both her arms to yank her, but she pulled back forcefully, throwing tantrums like a toddler. "Monster Lisa, we don't have the same energy as you. We are only normal humans."

"Unnie! Who are you to say that? You are the least normal person in this room, you know." Lisa sighed in exasperation, pulling her unnie up.

Out of everything in their packed schedule, dance practice was the one she looks forward to the most. Dancing fuels both her body and spirit. When the beat drops in the dance floor, she knows that she is in her own element, transforming into a completely different Lisa. She also takes pleasure in bossing around the unnies, it is the only way for her to get back at them and she likes it. But not like this. Not with a grown adult having violent fits on the floor like a kid who dropped her lolly.

"Kim Jisoo! You certainly are in no position to ask for a break. You made the most mistakes just now." Jisoo abruptly dropped her act and sat up straight, sending the maknae her best pitiful face: fake, teary eyes, lips curved downwards into a frown, head tilted to the side. She maybe the resident drama queen, but she sure knows how to sway hearts.

The youngest let out another sigh, "Fine. Ten minutes break it is." Jisoo grinned at her in gratification, immediately grabbing a water bottle from the side and chugged it down.

The others did the same. Jennie took out a towel from her bag and started wiping off sweat all over her body and fanning herself furiously. At the other end, Rosé was slumped down, resting her back on the wall as she sipped her orange juice. They all looked extremely exhausted, but they can't give up just yet. Melon Music Awards is a couple of days away and they must redeem themselves, everything must be flawless.

It was already past midnight when they arrived back home. Completely worn out, the four of them went directly to their separate rooms after bidding each other good nights. Lisa collapsed on her bed after having a quick shower and changing into her matching pajamas. By habit, she took her phone from the night stand expecting several unread messages from her parents or close friends. Most of them are from her mom, reminding her to eat healthy and giving her best wishes for the day.