Chapter 2: Function

"Hey Chaengie!" I don't recognize this voice.

"Chaengieee!"  Urgh, who was that? How'd she get in here?

I'm currently standing at the terrace of my house admiring the sunset. But that voice ruined the precious moment. What were the guards doing anyway?  How could they let someone enter the house?

"Chaengie!~ Wake up!" She called out whilst giggling.

I rolled my eyes and faced the suspect. My jaw dropped when I saw who the person was.

"Wake up!~"

"Waaake up!"

"SON CHAEYOUNG, WAKE UP!" Somi's voice echoed throughout the room.

I was startled by her sudden outburst. My eyes shot open and my body flew up. I grumbled in annoyance when I saw her giggle. But I stopped when realization hit me. How'd she get in here? What happened last night? Oh my goodness, please no, not like this!

"S-Somi?! W-W-What are you doing here?" I stammered. Of course I was surprised, I mean, my girlfriend slept with me. SLEPT. WITH. ME, and that only meant one thing. We did "that" last night.

"Silly, we slept together."

"Did we do 'that' last night?" I asked nervously.

"Yah! Of course not!" She punched my arm lightly. "Did you forget? You made me stay over since it rained pretty hard last night."

The huge lump on my throat disappeared, phew. Oh yeah, now I remember. The rain was terrible and I couldn't afford to send her home since it was dangerous. I slowly rubbed my eyes, still adjusting to the bright light from the sun.

"Now hurry up! We'll be late!" Somi nagged.

"Huh? Late for what?" I asked, still clueless.

"Really now Chaengie? Today's the first day of school!" She shook her head in disbelief.

"Oh right, right." I scratched my head, trying my best to remember.

"Now go get yourself ready, breakfast's ready." With that, she walked downstairs.

For some reason, I forgot what happened yesterday. All I could remember is that strange girl. I'm lucky she didn't notice me or else I would've been sent straight to jail. I almost hit her and drove away without double checking if I actually ran over her.

I shook the thought away and left my bed. I entered the bathroom and went to prepare myself. After which seemed like forever, I finished. I got out of the washroom and entered my walk-in closet. Yeah, it's not that big. I lied.

It's huge. Actually, it's larger than five rooms combined. I don't even know why it's that large. I never even wear all of them. I'm that black and white aesthetic type of girl. Obviously, because I don't want anyone to know that I'm rich.

I searched through the aisle and found my uniform. I made sure to take two pairs. One for me, and one for Somi. After slipping through the uniform I was holding, I exited the closet and went downstairs with my left hand still holding Somi's uniform.

I saw her fixing breakfast, since she was already done cooking. I took this chance to surprise her. I hanged her uniform at one of the chairs and tiptoed towards her. Good, she haven't noticed me. I quickly snaked my arms around her and pulled her towards me.

"Hey beautiful, what's for breakfast?"

I felt her body stiffen from the contact, but she relaxed when she heard my voice.