Chapter 29: Resonate

Walking through the tiny granules of sand felt like dancing above snow. Well, it's not unlikely though. The Christmas season is coming closer and the temperature is gradually dropping. Enjoying the sandy shore, tips of shells peek from holes, made by little creatures, seeking shelter in the soft sand. Mini dunes of beige dust soon to be soaked by the sea, gradually creeping its way further onto sea.

The sun's rays peacefully float, resting on the not-so-warm waters. Fluffy cotton clouds were rarely exposed, leaving the sky to beam blue. The quiet whisper of the waves enticed my ears as they share the ocean's secrets. Every now and then, the peaceful silence would be broken by birds singing gracefully. The salty air sent tingling sensations through my  nose.

This was perfect.

But it was even better because of a certain person.

Mina, dressed in her hawaiian-ish attire with a black two piece underneath. 

I actually question if it's actually the cold season right now, because the girl in front of me made everything seem so hot.

The girl of my dream playfully jumped along the seashore, creating small splashes. Her face showed everything, contentment, enjoyment, and happiness. I know this is cliche, but everything seemed to slow down as I watch her in delight. To see her like this is enough to make me blissful. I don't know why I deserved such an angel.

Mesmerized by Mina, I was so dissolved in watching her that I didn't see the splash of water coming towards my way. Half of my body was soaked in water. I gave the penguin a playful glare, who was now covering her mouth whilst giggling.

"Oh so you want to play it that way huh?" I gave an evil smile whilst my hands here raised beside my head, with my fingers wriggling.

"N-No! D-Don't, please!" Mina pleaded as she slowly backed away.

"Where do you think you're going huh? Come here you naughty penguin!" I quickly jumped towards her direction and released a huge wave which splashed her entire body.

"Ugh, you got me all wet!" She whined as she wriggled like a cub, trying to remove the water.

I jokingly gasped out of surprise. "Goodness, penguin! I didn't know you were that straightforward. Don't worry, you always get me wet." I sent her a flirtatious wink.

"P-Pervert!" Her visage was now covered in a reddish tint. "I-I'll accept your challenge!" She regained her composure and started to splash water towards me.

"Ah!" I squealed. "Oh it's on now!"

With that, the remaining few hours passed with us just playing around like little kids. It wasn't weird, stupid nor awkward. We didn't care if the few people found us childish. We had our own world and we were absorbed in our reality.

The sky was painted with hues of orange, red, and blue as the sun made its way to the horizon. The bluish sky was getting darker as twinkling stars began to spur out. The moon began to shine brightly, signalling that it was time for us to get back.

Mina was peacefully resting her head on my shoulder as we enjoyed the disappearance of the sun. Her body began to shiver lightly, showing that she's cold. My left hand snaked its way to her waist, pulling her closer in the process. Hoping that my warmth would comfort her, I rested my head on top of hers.

"Let's get inside soon, I know you're getting cold." I said, as I nuzzled my forehead on the top of her head.

"Mhm, later." Mina replied as she hugged me tight. "Right now, your warmth is enough."