Chapter 15: DNA

The faint sound of the clock ticking echoed through the room. The atmosphere was a mixture of seriousness and boredom. I'd choose the latter, considering that our teacher was spouting nonsense, or at least, that's what I thought. Of course he was, it's Calculus for goodness sake! I couldn't even understand a single problem.

Spinning my pen out of boredom, I released a deep sigh before returning my focus on the board filled with scribbles I could not comprehend. Why should we even learn this? As if we could use them in real life. I mean, how can the sigma notation help me with my love life? Not to mention, today was a fridgin Monday.

My train of thoughts were cut off when a crumpled paper hit me on the face. I groaned in annoyance and searched for the suspect, only to see Jimin smiling like an idiot, whilst gesturing a peace sign. I gave him a 'what the fuck' look. He pointed down to the ground. I shifted my gaze to where he was pointing, only to see the paper.

Yes, Jimin's my classmate. I didn't know until he told me so. Don't blame me, I can't stop myself from being ignorant.

He mouthed something which I was able to read. "Open the paper."

I rolled my eyes and did what he told me to do so. Moving my body down, I was able to barely reach the paper. I sat back and fixed myself. God why am I so short? It's seriously annoying. After checking that the teacher wasn't looking,I opened the crumpled paper and began to read the content. 

"Hey Chaeng! So I was wondering if you wanted to go to the cinema with me later. Don't worry, I'll pay for everything. I just want to celebrate our successful comeback."

I moved my eyes to the man wriggling his eyebrows like an idiot. I stifled a chuckle and gave him a thumbs up. He pumped his fist up but he quickly put it down once he remembered that class was still on going. I was still holding my laughter. God, he was really cute. But my little happy time was stopped when the teacher called for my name.

"Ms. Son! Find the value of x in this expression."

Great, just great. I sighed in annoyance and walked in front. I checked what was written on the board, only to realize that I was going die. I did not understand a single thing. But Jimin secretly gave me a paper when I passed his chair. Once I reached the front, I opened the paper and saw the answer for the problem. Like the sneaky cub I am, I was able to copy his answer without getting caught.

"Very good. I thought you were not listening Ms. Son." The teacher praised me. "You may go back to your seat."

"Thank you sir." I bowed lightly and tread back to my sit. I tapped Jimin's shoulder when I passed by him, and murmured a thank you. 

The bell finally rang, indicating that school's finally over. I fixed my things and went outside. Two arms were suddenly placed on my shoulders. Of course, it was Tzuyu and Dahyun. The two had an insulting look on their faces. I gave them a scrutinizing look, as if I was waiting for them to spill it.

"What?" I said in an irritated tone.

"You were hilarious back there!" Dahyun burst in to laughter. "Seriously! You should've seen your face!"

"I know right! Your posture was firm, but your face made us think otherwise." Tzuyu joined along, whilst chuckling lightly.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes. "At least I was able to answer." I smirked in victory.

"Yeah, that took us by surprise." Dahyun nodded her head in agreement. She stopped in front of her locker and placed some things that she didn't need. She faced us once more and had a goofy smile on her face. "But you did great."