Chapter 23: Splitsville

The wind brushed through my skin, as if I was nothing. This was the perfect death for the perfect lady. But for some reason, I did not feel like I was falling. I expected the cold hard floor to greet me, but it didn't. My eyes shot open, only to find out that I'm still hanging at the edge. My orbs darted at the ground. Luckily, no one was down there. But how is that possible? Why am I not falling?

Realization hit me.

Someone caught my hand.

"Chaeyoung! Are you alright? God I was so worried!" A voice called out.

No, that's not Mina. I don't want you right now, I want that doll face!

"Y-Yeah, I'm alright. Thanks Yeri." I mumbled lightly.

Yeri forced a small smile on her face. "What happened? You can tell me everything, I'm here to listen."

I shook my head. "Thanks, but, I'm okay now." I forced a smile. "Now that I've seen you." Without my consent, my body leaned forward and captured her plump lips. It wasn't a long kiss, but rather a short and meaningful one. Maybe I can use her to forget about Jimin.

"W-Wha..." The girl in front of me stammered.

"Thanks for saving me." I beamed before leaving her speechless.

The scene earlier looped through my brain as I walked downstairs. Why did I kiss her? Argh. I don't know, maybe I needed that to comfort the pain. I've been immune to heartbreaks, but I have no idea why I was different with Jimin. He made a living fool out of me. Here I thought he was truly the one, but no, I let my guard down and this is what I get.

I did not feel like attending my next subject. With this fucked up face of mine? Nu-uh. Wouldn't hurt to cut class once in a while, right? Besides, I won't get into trouble since my father owns the place. Ah, the perks of having connections.

"Now where should I stay?" I mumbled to myself. I raised my index finger when an idea popped out of my head. "The garden! Hopefully, that place would lessen the pain."

I got the location down, so I started treading along the empty hallways. Everyone was inside their respective classes. The comforting silence surrounded me as I strut along. I didn't mind if a teacher saw me, I wouldn't care less.

A few minutes of mindless walking, I finally reached the garden. The blossoming flowers greeted my field of vision. The trees were towering me as if I was a small ant trapped in a large maze. A fountain stood still in the middle, which elegantly sprayed water. It was truly a sight to see.

I sat at one of the bench and scanned the surrounding. A heavy sigh escaped my dry lips. "Why can't my relationship be like this? So peaceful, beautiful, and perfect." I mumbled under my breath.

"Because you can never get everything that you want." A voice that I've been wanting to hear spoke up.

"M-Mina?!" I jerked upward when I heard her.

 A gummy smile was painted on her lips. "Hey flirt."

I did not think twice, and quickly pounced on her. I tightened my embrace on her hips. Soon, the waterworks began to flow once more. She hugged back and caressed my back slowly. I did not care if I was crying on her neck, her warmth was comforting.

"There, there, I'm here. You can release everything." Mina patted my head lightly.

I was sniffing nonstop. As much as I wanted to stop myself from crying, I couldn't. Tears were flowing down as if a dam was broken. These tears must've been the pain I've been holding for the past years. I tried to be strong, but he broke me, he destroyed my walls, he made a fool out of me.