Chapter 7: Encounters

"Thank you very much for payi- YOU?!" My eyes widen when I realized who the person was.

"Hello there Chaeyoung-ssi." Jimin smiled sheepishly.

I quickly switched my gaze to the floor. He chuckled lightly and patted my head. I didn't know how to react, I had mix emotions at that moment. But the most dominant one was embarrassment.

Oh God this is so awkward. Out of all the people in the world, it had to be him. Why is life so cruel to me? What did I do wrong to deserve this? I've been a very good girl. Now there's no turning back. It's  time to accept the fact that my dignity is gone.

I took a few steps backward, still avoiding his gaze. I can't face him, I just can't. My precious reputation would go to waste. On second thought, I already lost it. I remained silent until he was done ordering. I could feel that he was looking at me. A few seconds later, he nudged me.

"Hey, are you alright?" He asked worriedly. "C'mon, let's find a table."

"I... I... I... Uh..." I stammered whilst trailing off in the process.

"What's wrong?" He said with his tone full of worry.

I did not answer him, instead I started walking to a table located at one of the corners. I sat there quietly and hoped that he did not follow me. So much for hoping, of course he followed me. He took the sit in front of me and continued to look at me worriedly.

"Hey, seriously though, what's wrong?" He asked once more. "I can help you if you want."

Woah, him? Help me? Heck, he's the reason why I'm acting like this. I couldn't even talk to him properly. God what happened to the smol and sexy Chaeyoung? Focus! You can do this, you've lost your dignity anyways, so there's no point in being scared.

"It's just that..." I tried to hide the faint blush visible on my face. No, this is not because of his concern actions okay? It's from the embarrassment.

"Hm?"

"This is so embarrassing." I said honestly. "I mean you had to witness the most embarrassing moment in my life."

"So? There's nothing wrong with that." He smiled, revealing his cute mochi cheeks. "Besides, people make mistakes. We're not perfect so it's alright."

Did he just... Comfort me? I did not expect that. He's not that bad after all. Expected him to be a fuckboy, but I guess I was wrong. I should seriously stop believing that every man is a fuckboy. I can't help it though, my exes were all fuckboys.

I smiled shyly and nodded my head. My confidence is over nine thousand once more. "Thanks. For paying, and for being here I guess. But I promise you! I'll pay you tomorrow."

"You're welcome." He smiled once more. "But you don't have to pay for it. Consider it as my treat."

"Thanks."

Our order finally arrived and we started eating. We had small conversations whilst munching on our food. Overall, he's really not that bad. In fact, he's really nice. But I could be wrong, maybe this is just a facade. I must've spaced out for a few minutes because he actually poked my dimples which got me back to reality. Figured, I had my resting bitch face on.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"A penny for your thoughts?" He asked.

"No it's nothing." I smiled. "But since you're asking. Why are you not getting chased by your fans or whatsoever?"