Chapter 14: Melody

The freezing air engulfed the entire room. Three hours had passed after the sun had set. A certain penguin girl walked out of the closet. She fixed her hair to a messy bun. My oversized t-shirt and pajama suited her perfectly. It had small penguin designs on it, which was really cute. She plopped down at the other side. She fixed a strand of hair that was dangling at her side and gazed upon my eyes. It felt as if time had stopped for us.

My breath hitched for a moment because of her action. I must say, my clothes suit her, or is it simply because she's beautiful? Wait, what? Get a hold of yourself Son Chaeyoung! She's just your friend, a very close one.

That was when realization hit me. Are we going to sleep together at the same bed? Oh god no. Hold your effin hormones! She's a girl, a girl. You're bisexual, and she's... Not? At least that's what I think. I don't want to assume things.

Oh wait, I have a queen sized bed.

I was so lost in her eyes that I wasn't able to avoid the huge pillow coming towards my face. I took a direct hit and fell down to the ground. She got me there, but she's not going to get away with it. I stood up and playfully glared at the suspect. She had her gummy smile on whilst laughing her arse off.

"Oh you're not going to escape my wrath." I smiled devilishly. "Come here doll face!" I was carrying a huge pillow about my size.

"Nooooooope!" The other girl said, dragging the 'o' and popping the last syllable. 

Mina was scurrying away from me. But I was a tiger cub, and she was a penguin. Within a few seconds, I was able to pounce at her. I bombarded her with soft smacks. After a few minutes of smashing the soft pillow at her adorable face, my hands slipped and threw the pillow to the other side of the room.

I fell down on her chest. Wow, they're soft.

STOP.

IT.

CHAEYOUNG.

I could feel her heartbeat. It was beating faster than our internet. Pushing my body up using my arms, I couldn't stop myself from staring down at her face. I was once again lost in her brown orbs. Our eyes were locked, and no one was bothering to move. I know this is cliche, but the moment was so magical.

Of course someone had to ruin the moment.

Suyeon, once again barged in without even knocking. Her sudden entrance made me jerked backward, whilst smiling awkwardly. But deep inside, I was already planning as to how I'm going to kill that girl.

The intruder bowed lightly. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but the food is ready." With that, she left the room instantly.

I stood up and dusted myself. I offered a hand to the girl in front of me which she gladly accepted. Whilst she was standing up, I noticed a faint tint of red on her cheeks. She was actually blushing. That's really cute.

"Thanks flirt." Mina expressed her gratitude in a sheepish manner.

"No problem, doll face. Now let's go."

We made our way downstairs and entered the dining area. Our bodies were getting closer and the aroma could be smelled from where we were. After a few more steps, we arrived at the dining room. Cuisine of different types were presented at the table. I sat where I usually do and Mina did the same. She took the seat beside me.

Suyeon entered the room and cleared her throat. "Excuse me miss, but where are your... other friends?"

"Didn't I tell you already? I'm spending the night with Mina, and only Mina." I rolled my eyes in annoyance.