Chapter 6

Lance pov

I kept running and running and running, and eventually I stood in the presence of Blue. I was just...I was just...just-so confused. I didn't know what to do. My eyes were glazed with tears, and it was hard to see through them as Blue sent me comforting waves of serene reassurance, but I kept blocking it out. I couldn't handle anymore emotions. It was too much for me...All of this was too much for me. Blue had let me in and I sat in the pilot's chair. I pulled my legs up to my chest as well as I could in the moment. My gear was still on from the battle only hours before.
"Hey, Baby Azul?" I mumbled out. I could feel her familiar soothing aura, the one that I've gotten so used to over the months we've been in space.
Yes, my cub?
"I-I was wondering that-well, if I ever die or quit...can you move on and make Allura your paladin? I mean, obviously I won't ever die I'm just to cool for that and my skills are top notch! But...I was just...you know thinking about it." I sniffled. Even in the moment I had to lighten it some how. I didn't want Blue to think I was going to abandon her. I was just asking...for future missions.
My cub, don't think like that. If you're ever in danger on the field I'll come charging to you. Your life is my life. The princess has the capabilities to fly me, but her core is much different to ever fly me like you do.
"Core? What do you mean?"I asked out of curiosity. I never heard of this before.
Yes, the Princess has the properties and the skill to fly me. But her core is that of command and leadership. Your core is that of the ocean. You have this over powering will of family and joy. You are untamable.
I chuckled at her description. An ocean, huh? An untamable wave. I closed my eyes and imagined myself at the beach, standing on the shore, looking out into the vast waters. The fresh sent the waters drifted past, the wind pulling at me? Just like how it did back home. I drifted off at the image. A small smile graced my lips as my lion purred in the distance.

-----With the Team

Minutes passed and no one had talked. The noise and chatter of the Aliens were the only thing keeping the room from a deathly silent pause. But, Keith wasn't going to stand around with his guilt tied around his waist. He had to, no- needed to, do something and so that's what he did. He made a move for the door but Shiro's voice made him come to a halt.
"Keith, where are you going?" His leader voice peeked through.
"I'm going to go find Lance."
He sighed and ran a hand through his white fluff.
"Let's talk this through. It's better to think before running in blind."
I huffed, though, eventually stomped my way back.
"Did anyone know this was going to happen?" Allura asked. Even though she carried herself fine, her eyes were filled with guilt.
"I was suppose to know this was going to happen. Lance always had panic attacks back at the Garrison. Then all of this Voltron stuff happened...and I thought he had beaten them. He was laughing and joking how he always was. But, Lance has always been good at acting. What kind of friend am I to not notice that?" Hunk had his head in his hands, as Coran wrapped an arm around his shoulders.
"No, this is not only your fault, Hunk. We are all to blame." He stated.
"Yeah, who knew Lance carried that all on his own. I mean, I didn't know and not knowing something always frustrates me." Pidge said. They had there computer close to their chest as they wrapped their arms around it.
"I knew." All eyes were on Keith as he had his arms crossed and avoided all eye contact.
"I saw him have a panic attack a few weeks ago. It was the day when Lance, Shiro, and Pidge all went to rescue Slav. He was in his room, crying and mildly hyperventilating. I asked him what was wrong, but he kept saying that everything was wrong. I obviously didn't believe him and eventually he told me he was terribly homesick. I couldn't help but think that maybe that wasn't the only reason, but after a few days I forgot the encounter when I was training. I'm sorry, I should have told one of you guys. But I didn't. And now we're in this mess."
Shiro stepped forward and rested his human arm on Keith's shoulder, looking straight at Keith. Keith advert end his eyes. But he knew Shiro was directing this towards him and the team.
"This isn't your fault Keith. It's all of ours. We all didn't know and should have treated him better. Even if you did tell us, we would have to confront Lance anyway. He has only just revealed this to us and it to early to tell how much damage has been done. But, we as a team and family will bring him back. I'm the leader of the group and am also in the wrong. Lance is a brilliant pilot and has great shot. But I completely disregarded him and couldn't learn to trust him. But I think now is the right time to learn."
"Shiro is right. I shouldn't have yelled at him. Lance should never have to justify his reasoning behind everything he does. That was my mistake and I plan to fix that." Allura said.
Pidge nodded.
"I see Lance as my older brother. And knowing that I've hurt him...I can't lose him. I won't lose him. He was always there for me, telling me to eat, shower, and sleep. I should be thanking him not yelling at him. I'm sorry. It's just that, I've lost a brother once, I can't lose another. I mean, I'm going to get Matt back, but Lance is always gonna be my brother from another mother."

The team smiled at that.
"Team, I believe we have a rather hard mission ahead of us. Get Lance to forgive us with time and dedicated care."

-----Notes

Thanks for 5.68K views! And 422 Likes! I can't thank you enough! It seems like every time I come back there's even more of you guys! When I started this story I thought I was going to get 500 views at most! But you blew that out of the water! This chapter wasn't going to be published for a long time but I can't do that to you guys! So here!

Ok! So I've decided! There is going to be Platonic story! Meaning no relationships and just friendship fluff! I'm going to publish a Klance story soon so so worries! And maybe I'll do one with Shance or Pidgance later on in the future! Also! I'm sorry I didn't respond to any of the comments for the A/N! But I read through all of them don't worry! I just couldn't bring myself to reply ;-;. But now I'm back! Also! Drum roll please!

I'm starting an art/cover competition! I know random, it's just that I really wanted to start one and see all of your guys works!
So here are the rules:
1. It can be digital or physical art! Cover art has to be digital! I'm sorry for the inconvenience!
2. The deadline is going to be on September 8! Though, I will extend it another week for those who came in later or want to finish their work! I'll tell you the results once the time is up!
3. It has to be Voltron related! I will take ships, but if your doing the cover competition there can't be any ships! Sorry for the inconvenience!
4. I will give the winners a shout out and the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd can suggest a future book/chapter idea! (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and honorable mentions!) There will only be one winner for the cover competition, so don't forget to put your name somewhere in the cover if your going to do that!
5. You are not allowed to take art off the internet and call it your own! I understand if you are editing it with digital art! Just make sure to tell me! But don't take a picture, edit the name out, and say this is my art! Do not do that!

If you have any other questions just comment it and I'll answer to the best of my abilities! If I don't pick you, don't be discouraged, because I'm sure my art is worst XD. This is a friendly competition! So play nice! Once again the art above isn't mine, it belongs to the talented artist! Thanks for reading and I look forward to your works!

Tata~!