Chapter 14

Pov Coran

I checked the system over and over and over again. The cause of Lance's sudden change were unknown as of right now, so I was terrified that the bug had gotten into the entire castle's system.
"Shiro, Keith keep watch over Lance. Pidge and Hunk, come with me, we're going to figure out what's going with the system." I commanded. I wasn't always this serious, but we couldn't have the same thing happen to Lance again. I'm not sure his heart can take the stress of it all. And well... I wasn't ready to lose another son.
I walked down the endless hallways, taking turns and shortcuts. The castle was eerily quiet, the only thing audible were the three pair of foot steps echoing down the halls.
Suddenly I turned a corner, and I could hear the other two struggle to keep up.
"Where are we Coran?" Hunk piped up.
"A place I often came to when I was a confused youngster like you a few 10,000 years ago. This place is like the castle's brain. Yes, the crystal plays a key role but it's mostly just a energy source. This is where everything is controlled." The room was filled with wires, small crystals, and other knick knacks. I walked over to a panel in the center of the room and peered at it. I twirled my mustache as I hummed.
"Well, this is strange." I noted.
"What is?" Number five piped.
"The system, it's overriding."
"By whom?"
"Itself." I gasped.
"What? That's impossible! A system can't override itself! Unless, it's trying to get destroy something in its system!" Hunk exclaimed.
"Pidge, see what you can do to stop this. If we lose all the information in the castle, I'm afraid we won't know what to do next to stop Zarkon. We'll have no map and no way of communication!"
"I'm already on it Coran!"

——-Shiro and Keith

"Do you think he'll wake up?" Keith asked, his voice small.
"I don't know. Gah! This is all my fault. I'm the leader Keith! I should be able to keep my team safe, and yet I can't even do that. Now, Lance is paying the price." Shiro sighed. He pinched the bridge of his nose as his other hand rested on Lance's bed.
"Hey, it's not your fault. If it's anyone's fault it's all of ours. The leader is meant to keep us in line give us the help we need whenever we're stuck in a situation. And it's everyone's job to protect each other. So the blame was never on you." Keith nudged Shiro. Shiro was about to respond but Allura interrupted him by entering the room.
"Shiro! Keith! How's Lance doing? And where are the others?" She questioned.
"They went to go and check the system. Lance...well, I don't really know how's he doing." Shiro answered.
"I...I see. Um, well, the meeting with the Xelbanians had gone be quite well. They agreed to help us and provide us with the tools we need." Allura smiled.
"Great, we've needed rest for awhile now. And with one of us out of commission now's a better time then ever."
"Wait! I was thinking, how come Lance got so injured? Shouldn't the lions have been able to...I don't know...stop a little bit of it? But Lance was so injured it was like...he purposely took the shot. I mean, the ion canon wasn't there, and the only people on the battlefield were us and the fighters. What if, Lance took more then one shot deliberately?" Keith theorized.
"That could explain a lot. I have never seen a lion and a paladin so connected before. When Blue got injured Lance must have taken more of the damage off of Blue then normal. Think of it like this, when a paladin and a lion are connected you feel each other correct? And whenever you're injured, your lions can feel it and take away some of the pain. The same thing happens whenever the lions get injured! The paladin can willingly take away some of the pain by inflicting it on themselves!" Allura proclaimed.
"That...that does sound like what had happened. Blue wasn't to badly hurt and from what we know about Lance's...insecurities, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened." Shiro mumbled.
"Exactly, Lance has a lot to explain." Allura whispered before leaving the room. She stopped at the door with her back turned to the red and black paladins.
"Make sure to inform us as soon as possible if he wakes up."
"Of course Allura." Shiro agreed.
"Great, I'm going to see how Coran and the others are doing." She informed as the door slid shut.

——-Notes

And another chapter! Sorry this was suppose to be up a week ago but this came up and I had to push it back a week. But! I'm working on a another book that's due to come out today called...
Drum roll please!

VOLTRON THEORIES!!

Yep, season 5 gave me so many ideas and theories I had to! Anyways! I hope to see you again soon! Again art isn't mine and I hop you have a wonderful day or night!

Tata~!