Chapter 12 1/2

Allura Pov

I rushed to the intercom completely out of habit, I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. The fact that we hadn't been attacked for so long had been a miracle.
"Paladins report to the control room, Lotor's fleet has found us. Prepare for battle." I rushed to the main control as Coran pushed himself into the room.
"How bad is it, Princess? Did you already set up the castle defense system and particle barrier?"
"It's a small fleet, but we better get to a secure place soon, Lotor is infamous for his cunning tricks. And yes, I already set up the defenses."
"Princess! I was discussing to the green and yellow Paladins about updating the Lion's systems and we all decided to land on the planet Xelbanal due to the planets strong magnetic field. Is it under Galran control?"
"I don't know, I can check."
While I was preoccupied the other paladins seemed to have gotten ready and had already gotten in their lions.
"Um, Coran? Allura? We're out here and kinda need your help?" Hunks voice flooded the coms.
"Alright Coran, planet Xelbanal is not under Galran control, we can land there and possibly make a treaty with the Xelbanians."
"Alright Paladins, here's the plan. Coran and I are going to wormhole us out of here and to a planet called Xelbanal, once we land we should be covered by the planets magnetic covering. In the meantime, try 'thin out the crowd.'"
"Got it Princess. You heard the order, go Paladins!"
A whoop could be heard from each paladin, bringing a smile to my face. Though...Lance's might have been a tad quieter.
"Fire up the teleduv!" Coran cheered, breaking me out to my train of thought. The man is quite lively despite his age, though I can't say much as I am more than ten thousand years old. Ten thousand, huh?
"Paladins, we are ready to go!"
Entering the wormhole was nostalgic and eerie, leaving the hectic battle field behind has always been some kind of a stress reliever.
The ride was over within seconds and soon we were entering our location.
"Is everyone ok?"
"Yeah I'm fine." Ok Shiro, check.
"Me to!" Hunk, check.
"Same." Pidge, check.
"I'm ok." Keith check.
"..."
"Lance? You there?"
"I'm here... but I've been shot...help...Lotor got me, ha, sorr-sorry guys. It hurts so much." and soon he faded out. I can no longer hear him over the com system.
"LANCE! Don't worry, we're almost there!"
The first to make it to the damaged blue lion was Keith, followed by Shiro, Hunk, and Pidge.
"Coran, prepare the med bay or a cryopod." Shiro ordered. I could hear Pidge and Hunk sobbing over the coms, along with Keith who sounded as if he was assessing Lance's wounds.
"I'm on it."
"Is he going to be ok, Shiro?" I asked, afraid of the answer.
"I don't know."

——-Notes

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!
Ok so this is the first part of chapter 12, the other half will be updated tomorrow. You know one chapter on one year the other in the second? Haha? No? Just me? Ok. >_<. I don't have much to say except I hope 2018 isn't going to be like 2017, cause 2017 was one heck of a year. Anyway! I hope you guys have a great New Years and I'm still having problem with my images so for now!
Edit: I just realized I made a mistake. Allura and Coran slept for ten thousand years not a thousand. Heh, my mistake, I fixed it so it should be fine now!

Tata!~