08.

PETER SWUNG OPEN HIS door to find lynn on the other side, looking down at her phone.

"i've been texting you all morning!" she shoved past him, walking into his kitchen. lynn eyed him up and down. he was in loose pajamas.

"nice outfit, parker," she laughed.

aunt may emerged out of what lynn assumed to be the bathroom, and her eyes went wide. "hey may. sorry for coming uninvited, peter needs to give me my notes for the decathlon." may tugged her lips up into a smile, nodding approvingly. "i'm guessing you left them here the other night, huh?"

"yeah, sorry about that." lynn pursed her lips, thinking about her and tom on the roof last night. they were up until 11 and lynn got a partial back handspring down. she snapped out of her thoughts, flipping a chunk of hair behind her shoulder while heading to peter's room. he sprinted in front of her, stopping suddenly in her path. he whispered, "m-my porn magazines are out, you can't go in there." he put a hand on the door knob, guarding the entrance. lynn rolled her eyes, crossing her arms and popping out her hip. "oh really? it's not like i'm a woman and i've never seen tits before," she remarked, placing a hand on his chest, trying to get him to move.

yet peter didn't budge. no matter how much force she placed on him, he didn't move, not even a centimeter. he chuckled deeply, a dorky grin on his face. "let me put them away, hold on."

he cracked the door open slightly, sliding in. lynn glanced inside, seeing a red holographic light strewn across the small area of the ceiling visible to her. before she could look further, she was met with the white paint of the door shut in her face. lynn groaned, leaning up against the door. peter opened the door sooner than she had expected and she fell back.

a strong pair of arms wrapped around her waist, hoisting her back up to her feet. she gasped, surprised peter had those kinds of reflexes.

"here's your, uh, homework?" he pulled out the pile of sheets from behind his back, ruffling them against his side. she whispered a tiny "what? notes, peter, my notes." lynn took them from him, her fingertips grazing his. she swore she felt a shock of electricity run up her spine, but shrugged it off.

he placed his right hand on the small of her back, guiding her forward towards the kitchen. "let me grab an apple or something and we can go," he went into the fridge, bending in various directions, looking for some breakfast."

"how about you eat a full breakfast for once in your life, peter." aunt may scolded. he grabbed a red apple and tossed it in the air, closing the once ajar fridge door. "sorry, i'm late already," he pointed to the clock. he quickly went into his bedroom once more, coming out this time with his book bag on his shoulders.

"love you, bye," he pecked aunt may on the cheek and allowed lynn to exit the apartment before him.

when the two were in the hall together, lynn spoke up. "you really love your aunt, don't you?" his cheeks went red, and he wasn't even a tad bit reluctant to respond. "y-yeah. i mean, she raised me and all."

"why do you live with your aunt?" the words left her lips without any second thought put into it. peter mumbled something before shrugging. the rest of the journey to school was filled with silence, and lynn had worried she touched a nerve.

at lunch, peter avoided her almost completely but when she neared him he had no choice.

"pete? are you okay?" she questioned, rather unsure about her friend's well-being. he twisted his face. "me? yeah, i'm good, all good here." he laughed nervously.

"listen, i know we aren't best friends yet but i think i can tell when someone's having a crappy day, alright?" she told him. "look..i'm sorry for asking about your aunt. it was wrong of me. that's a personal thing and you don't have to tell me things that you don't want me to know."

he nodded, glad that she understood. "thanks."

"come and join me for lunch?" she placed an offer for him. peter looked over at her table, filled with all her popular friends. they gave him a dirty look, eyeing him up and down. he knew they didn't like the idea of her hanging out with him.

"with all those girls burning holes through me with their disapproving eyes? i think i'll pass." he scoffed, turning to walk away.

"c'mon peter! they don't know you like i do." she grabbed his arm, spinning him back around and saw he had a disgusted look planted on his face. "give them a chance. please," she pleaded, her face softening slightly as she spoke.

"fine." he groaned as lynn dragged him over to her table. he sent a very apologetic look to ned as he sat.

oof this chapter was super fun to write, it added a lot of character and perspective.

hope you all enjoy!