09.

PETER SAT RATHER uncomfortably at the lunch table with lynn by his side. the girls hadn't taken any particular interest in the boy, and lynn had tried her utmost hardest to keep the conversations about him.

"peter's in the decathalon with me," she said, poking peter's elbow. he looked at her, taking his palm from under his chin. "hm?" the other girls looked at him weirdly. "o-oh! yeah," he cleared his throat. "i'm in the decathlon. with lynn. yeah." he nodded, confirming her previous statement.

"he's uh, teaching me some flips for tryouts,"

that was the sentence that drew them in. various voice's were overlapped with another, all asking about the same thing:

"can you teach me too?"

peter rolled his eyes, staring at his untouched sandwich.

"guys, guys," she glared, hushing them. "peter already has his hands full teaching me on top of all the homework he has, you know, being in honors and all." she defended him, noticing how annoyed he was.

truth be told, peter's mind was on something completely different. he was thinking of his role as spiderman. he was upset, tony had yelled at him, again. last year, when he semi-saved the ferry and stopped the vulture, he got his suit taken. he got it back when he saved tony's jet. he also somehow managed to convince aunt may that the "spiderman costume" he had on was just a rental from party city for a project. tony threatened to take it away once more, and peter was scared.

"pleaaaase peter?" one girl across from him leaned forward, revealing her cleavage. peter shuttered, looking away. "i-i should get going, uh," he stood up and grabbed his lunch box.

lynn got up on her feet as well, joining him. "peter, stay," she pleaded with him.

"i've got homework to finish," he nodded a goodbye and stormed off.

"what's his deal?" lynn turned around to hear her friends whispering.

"maybe, oh i dunno, you made him uncomfortable by flinging your boobs in his face?" she snapped, turning back around to chase after him.

once she caught up to him, he was in the hallway, completely forgetting of ned and mj. "peter!"

"what?" he raised his eyebrows, and his voice suddenly had an attitude.

"you-you can't just scurry off in front of my friends!" she pointed a firm finger in his face, so close that it could touch his nose. his eyes crossed, his focus on her finger. he pushed lynn's finger away and sighed.

"they wanted me to teach them things! things i only trust you with!" he argued back, anger boiling up inside of him.

"you trust me?" the world stopped. peter's mouth gaped open, and no matter how hard he tried he was unable to form words.

after what seemed like forever he was able to slip out a simple answer.
"yes. i do." he held out his wrist, pulling up his sleeve. he stared at his wrist (which had no watch upon it), and scratched his curly hair. "look at the time. lunch is over now, see ya." he turned around, and lynn didn't even make an attempt to chase after him a second time.