10.

THE TWO FRIENDS were on the roof again, both soaked in sweat. "you're getting there, lynn." he dangled his feet off the edge of the building. he looked down, smiling at the height.

lynn stood behind him safely, nowhere's near the edge. her arms were crossed and she blew a strand of hair out of her face. "y'know, you could fall," she approached him, watching him stare off into the distance. lights were scattered across buildings, the reflection twinkling off his eyes.

"yeah, but i won't," he replied.

"how do you know for sure?" she asked him, concern lacing her voice. "well, i've already fallen a few times and it was pretty hard falls."

"huh." she scoffed. "so," she changed the subject. "about the dinner date," peter stood up on the ledge, turning back around to face her with his whole body this time. he took a step down, now on the same level lynn was. he gulped before speaking up. "what about..i-it?"

she walked forwards, moving closer to peter. "when do you wanna do it?" she bit her lip, locking eyes with him.

"uhh.." he placed his tongue in between his lips, thinking. "a-re you erm, y'know, free on..say..saturday?"

"this saturday?" she countered.

he nodded, a smile beginning to form. "i'll pick you up around 6:30."

"alright, see you then, penis parker." she pecked a short kiss on his cheek, and he blushed before glaring at her for calling him that. she ran back down the way she came up, and peter thought about her for the rest of the night.