Hayden ~ Gay Best Friend

I really didn't want to wake up. I really didn't want to go to the hell hole they call school. The main and only reason why I even get up in the mornings is for my best friend Hayden.

        Hayden is gay you see and I just can't stand anyone who pushes him around and calling him names. It is really sickening. I have to protect his life. Why you may ask? Well I have had this crush on Hayden since we were little and as time progressed forward my feelings towards him have gotten stronger and now I think I am in love with him. I would never tell him though as I felt that if I ever did tell him it would ruin our friendship. Not only that I know for a fact that he would take it as a joke and would say that it was a sisterly kind of love rather than real love. I just know that we would never be together.

        Taking that out of my mind I swiftly moved into the bathroom and did my usual morning routine. Shower, wash, make-up, hair and then clothes. I looked at myself in the mirror tweaking my hair a little bit more before I heard  the door bell ring loudly. I knew who exactly it was...Hayden. I peered around the room wondering if I have forgotten anything. Nothing so I walked out of my room closing the door behind me. I dashed downstairs and opened the front door revealing a bubbily Hayden. I smiled up at him and grabbed my bag that was beside the door and headed out.

        Hayden was driving as usual; I got into the passengers side and waited for Hayden to start the car so we could get this day out of the way.

        During the car ride I decided to turn on the radio where it blasted the awesome American Idiot- Green Day. At that moment the song began Hayden and I both looked at each other then burst into singing. People began staring at us weirdly as we past them with loud music and our "oh so amazing voices" Both of us were in such great moods; that was until we arrived. Countless people began to stare and it wasn't one of those random into space stares it was more of a kind of death stares. Not a nice stare. Once Hayden parked the car we both got out. I quickly ran around the car and linked arms with him. I hated when people stared; it just made me feel so uncomfortable. Not long was the staring over but instead many people walked up to us.

        "Hey fag who's this? Your fake girlfriend that your trying to make people believe you not a massive gay twat ?"

        "Leave him alone!" I shoved the guy in front and dragged Hayden with me into the schools main building.

        "Don't have to protect the fag slut!" I heard the guy shout behind us.

        "Just ignore him _____" I nodded and continued walking heading straight to our lockers. I was so thankful that our lockers were next to each other. We got there in no time and we both entered our codes to open our lockers. I grabbed my needed books and slammed the door shut. Hayden did the same. Now lets venture our way into first period... History.

        Most of my lessons aren't that bad considering I sit next to Hayden in almost all of my lessons. I opened the door to History, I loved getting into class early:
1) Get away from all the dicks
2) Get the back seats that are near the window
3) Not on my bill :D

        As the bell rang the class room began to fill up with many students. I ignored them and turned my attention to Hayden.

        "Soooo have you found someone you like?" he looked shocked a little or as you can say taken back.

        "Why are you asking?"

        "I'd like to know what is happening in my best friends life!". We both laughed then that was when the teacher waltzed in and began the lesson.

([SKIP TO LAST PERIOD])

        Sadly this was the only lesson that Hayden and I are separated due to the stupid seating plan. Normally throughout the whole lesson I would just stare out the window admiring the scenery of the willow tree situated just near by.

        A small piece of paper landed on my desk. I slowly opened the paper to find a little note saying:

Why is it I have loved you for so long.
When I try to forget  I can't you are always there
Please tell me why I have these feelings towards you?

        What? Who the hell wrote this? I peered around the room to see if I can find that person who wrote it normally people would look over to see if the person they gave it to read it yet. I couldn't find anyone staring at me but that was until I laid my eyes on Hayden who was peering over at me with a serious expression. I pointed to the note; he just simply nodded.

        The bell rang soon after. I got up from my seat and quickly dashed out of the room to try and catch up with Hayden. I soon found him in front of our lockers; he grabbed his bag and other stuff before he began to walk away.

        "Hey wait up!" I called out. He peered behind; hesitant at first but he gave in and waited where he was peering down. I quickly got my stuff and ran over towards him.

        "Why don't we sit on the bleachers and talk?". He agreed so we began making our way over there. Once arrived we ran up all the way so we were sitting near the back.

        "Why did you write the note?" I asked. He appeared really upset. I didn't want him to feel this way.

        "It's the truth. I couldn't hold in that I have loved you since we were kids and the feeling has grown to love. I just can't stop thinking about you" I smiled at what he said.

        "You don't know how much and long I have been waiting for you to say that. But the only reason why I never told you because I thought that you were gay and thought you would take me telling you a bit of a joke". I peered down at my hands.

        "Truth been told I actually am not 100% gay. I only told you that so I can try and get over you."

        "But you dated men before"

        "I'm Bisexual" he assured me.

        "Oh". We both gazed at each other. Slowly are hands found each others. My head lent against his shoulder as his head lent against my head. We casually sat there watching the football practice in love.