Chapter 9.

I had Miz in a headlock and he was struggling to get free. He groaned in frustration. "Give up?" I asked, smiling down at him. "NOPE." He choked out, his hands on my arm trying to pull it away from his throat. "Don't kill him." I heard Hunter say, and turned to see him walking down the ramp with a smile on his face. I smiled back and dropped Miz on the mat. He landed with a THUMP and he groaned. "You're good." Hunter said, standing on the apron. "Thank you. You can thank my trainer." I said, looking down at Miz. "Okay...that's the last time I teach you new moves." He chuckled, standing up and walking over to me and Hunter. "Alrighty. Em, I have good news." Hunter said happily turning to me.

"Shoot."

"I think you're ready for your first real match. Tonight on Smack Down. And your last name is Johnson, got it?" He smiled.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS??!!" I screamed, jumping up and down.

"I'm VERY serious! So...you want a match? I'll make it mixed-gender so you won't be by yourself. Got it?" He winked.

"Okay!! Thank you SO much!" I gave him a hug before he left. I turned to Miz. "I HAVE A MATCH TONIGHT!! Wait..... I have a match tonight. CRAP I have a match TONIGHT. I have a match tonight." I repeated with a straight face. Miz laughed. "You have a match tonight! Congrats!!" He hugged me tight and spun me around in the ring. "Come on, I'll take you out to eat to congratulate you." Miz took my hand and pulled me out the ring. We ran up the ramp with our fingers intertwined.

When we got back from the restaurant, we relaxed in his locker room. We just talked and he gave me some tips on wrestling. It was about two hours away from my match so I had to go and find Hunter to see who I was paring with. I told Miz thanks and went down the hall. On the way, I bumped into Kane.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't watch where I was going." I apologized.

"It's alright. Kane." He said with a soft smile and held out his hand.

"Emily." I replied, returning the smile and shook his hand. "Where you headed?" I asked.

"Hunter's office. He told me I was in a mixed-gender match but didn't tell me my partner."

"Same here. Wanna walk with me?"

"Sure."

We walked down the hallway together in silence. At some points, we would look at each other and then look away. Reaching Hunter's door, Kane just walked right in. "Okay..." I said to myself before walking in and seeing Hunter and someone else. A Diva. Kaitlyn.

"Why do I have to be in the mix-gender match?" Kaitlyn asked.

"Because I signed you up for it. You're partner can be Seth." Hunter replied straightly.

"Rollins?" I asked.

"Yeah. My boyfriend. You know him?" Kaitlyn asked back, shifting towards me.

"Yeah...and Reigns and Ambrose. I might be a member." I replied.

"SHE gets to be a member?? She's NEW!" Kaitlyn gestured towards me and glared at Hunter. "I'm going against her right?"

"Yes, actually!" Hunter smiled, pleased with himself.

"Fine." She turned to me. "Watch yourself in the ring ROOKIE." She snarled before walking out.

I looked at Hunter with a questioned look. Kane chuckled when he noticed my expression. "So I'm with her, then?" Kane asked.

"Yeah. You're with Emily. Have fun!" Hunter chimed before shoving us out the door.

"Well. He's nice." I said sarcastically. Kane chuckled slightly, looked at his hand to fix his glove, then back at me. "You get used to him. Even thought I can't STAND him but.. yeah." I chuckled and walked with Kane back down the hall. "Well I guess I'm stuck with you for tonight's match." He joked. I punched him in the arm softly making him laugh. "I was kidding."