Chapter 6.

"So like, you've never had human blood before?" Seth questioned in awe.

I laughed lightly at the young werewolf, "Nope! Not a drop!"

"Woah," he grinned, "You're like Carlisle, but a girl."

"Rosalie hasn't had human blood either." I reminded him.

"Yeah, but Rosalie started out with bunch of vegetarians. You were by yourself. That's hella will-power." He nodded along to himself, causing me to grin.

I liked the Clearwaters. Even Leah, who seemed so cold and distant, seemed to tolerate me more than even she thought she would.

It's only been 28 hours with the Cullen's, but I felt at home. Like I belonged. Carlisle had been incredibly kind to me, and he was very interested in my past.

Seth was right in the fact that we were similar, we both had decided to go against our nature of our own accord. I had immense respect for him, but sympathy too, as he did not discover the vegetarian lifestyle as quickly as I did.

I flinched when he let me read the self-destructive portion of his past.

The other Cullen's treated me well too, and I could tell Emmet and I were going to get along well. He wasn't used to someone biting back when he teased them.

Jasper showed me around the property, informing me of the border between our land and the wolves'. He seemed so different. Older, of course, but sad. I wished he would let me in, but I knew he would when he was ready. For now, I was just glad to have my best friend back.

"Carlisle is a good man." I agreed, glancing at Seth, who still walked beside me.

His arms swung at his sides as we reached the creek, "He is. But I gotta go, it's getting late. Tell the Cullen's I said goodbye!"

My smile was genuine as I replied, "Sure, Seth. See you around."

He wrapped a burning arm around my shoulder and messed up my hair with his free hand, "Later, Sarah."

I chucked as I fixed my now disheveled hair and headed back towards the house.  However, Jasper met me outside asking if I'd like to go for a run. 

Confused, I agreed, and he led me into the woods.  He was nervous, and that made me nervous. We ventured close to the mountain peaks, eventually breaking through the cloud bank, where we stopped, our skin nearly translucent in the moonlight.

I watched as Jasper turned away from me, seemingly unable to meet my eyes.

My concern for him was nearly tangible, and I knew he could feel it - empath or not.

"I wanted to go far enough so that Edward couldn't read our thoughts. I care for my adopted brother of course. But privacy is rare with him." He stated, his voice monotone.

I took a small step forward, "Jasper, what's wrong?"

He turned toward me then, eyes downcast, reminding me of our very first meeting.

An ivory hand was offered to me, open palmed, and riddled with scars. I knew what he was offering.

I watched him carefully, my hands remaining by my sides, "Are you sure?"

He nodded slowly, "You've been confused, curious.  You do a good job of hiding it, Sarah, but I want you to know."

I remained where I was for another second, giving him the chance to change his mind.  Finally, I reached for his hand, my eyes not leaving his until I closed them, his past running through my mind like a movie.