Epilogue

50 years later.

Things are good.

We are not living in Forks currently, though we plan to return in a few decades, give or take.  We're living in close proximity with the Denali clan, but it certainly isn't crowded.  There is plenty of food to go around. 

Jacob is with us, of course, but his mind is still connected to the pack, or, those who did not give up their ability in order to age, so it isn't so lonely for him.  He and Renesmee go back to Forks often.

We only heard from Marcus twice after the battle.  His message read that things were to change, and that he hopes we can forget any bad blood, if you'll excuse the word choice, the Volturi may have had with our family.  All of us hoped that could be the case.

The second time, he invited Jasper and I  to Italy in order to perform a background check on the Volturi guard, both new members and old.  He, Sulpicia, and Athenodora ruled side by side.  Jasper explained to me that their shared grief made their bond strong. 

There was no talk of Jasper and I joining, since I'm sure Marcus knew what our answer would be.

I have gained family in a sense I never thought I would have again since I was changed.  All of us share a loving and entirely unique bond.  How fitting, for such a unique bunch.

Garrett and I still make plenty of mischief.  We understand each-other in the sense that we both know how difficult it is for nomads to settle. 

Keahi and Tanya behave as any new couple does.  Disgustingly adorable.

Rosalie and Emmet, and Alice and Jonah are currently under the guise of going to college, while Bella, Edward, Jasper, and I are all still going to High school.

Jasper and I married to keep up appearances eventually, and we truly did enjoy the ceremony.  We're planning our next one already.

We often reminisce our human lives.  We don't want to forget where we came from.  It shapes us.  Sometimes I think staying human would have been better, but I look around at every face I've come to love, and at the face of this man I could never deserve, and I can picture eternity.  I could not have chosen a better way of living.

For a wedding present, Jasper took the ring he gave me so many years ago and had it cleaned and repaired. I would not let him give me anything else.

And I finally replaced that old, brass pocket watch with a gold one.