CHAPTER ONE; ELECTRIFIED

FALLINGi

FALLING
i. ELECTRIFIED
"YOU PASSED OUT. AGAIN."

"Coz your love's got me electrified
It's enough to keep me by your side
It doesn't matter where you are
By my side or way too far
'Coz your love... Got me electrified" -MYMP [Electrified]

[2015] [19th of August]

RIPPED AND CRUMPLED PAGES WERE SCATTERED THROUGHOUT THE SMALL STUDY IN AMELIA'S APARTMENT. A Rose Gold MacBook resting in front of her, screen black after lack of use, music playing through the speakers softly, although it was all pop music.

It wasn't too cold that night, but the breeze coming through the window formed goosebumps on her arms, sending a chill up her spine. She had been trying to write a new script, but she couldn't come up with one, so much she'd ripped so many pages out of her book from frustration because of her lack of ideas.

She had writers block for something she hadn't even started. It annoyed the crap out of her, because before she fell asleep, she was sure that she had ripped at least 20 pages out of her book, scrunched them up from frustration, and threw them on the ground behind her.

She had been trying to write for about 3 hours, and she just couldn't seem to come up with anything. It was giving her a headache, - or maybe it was the alcohol - but, it hurt that much she rested her head on the table in front of her and somehow fell asleep.

To her, she somehow didn't understand how she did fall asleep from the alcohol in her system, or the headaches she managed to have. But she was glad she could, otherwise she'd have migraines the size of the Russian Federation, and she wasn't looking forward to a headache the size of Hawaii, let alone Russia.

THE SOUND OF A KEY BEING INSERTED INTO THE LOCK OF Amelia's apartment, was unknown to her, due to her being completely unconscious, sitting at her desk with a bottle of bourbon - three quarters empty - three inches from her. The door opened, and then closed again after the figure walked inside, a plastic bag full of groceries, and a paper bag from McDonald's in their grasp.

The bark of a Labrador crossed with a Pointer surrounded the room, after he was awoken by the sound of the front door opening. Running towards where the sound echoed from, the dog jumped with excitement when he noticed his owner's best friend inside.

Chris turned his attention away from the kitchen counter that he'd just placed the bags on, towards the dog who started jumping around in excitement at his presence. A grin tugged at the brunette's lips as he bent down to pat the dog.

Flash had just been born just a few weeks before Amelia and Chris' friendship sparked. Flash was one of 4 pups born in Ash's litter - a dog that Amelia's mother owned - and Amelia had taken a liking to him immediately. When Amelia and Chris' friendship grew, Chris had come over one day, and it also happened to be the day that Amelia went to pick Flash up, obviously inviting Chris along for the drive.