CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR; CRAZY

FALLINGxxiv

FALLING
xxiv. CRAZY
"YOU WENT FOR A WHAT?"

"You're all I think about when I'm awake
Part of every night and every day
And everything's a mess when you're away
Now I know
All of this is getting really old
I'm having trouble sleeping on my own
Feeling like a house but not a home
I want you to know" - Shawn Mendes [Crazy]

PEOPLE WERE ALWAYS TOLD TO DO WHAT THEY LOVE, TO REACH FOR THEIR DREAMS AND HOLD ONTO IT FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE. For most of her life, Amelia didn't really understand what they meant. How could she know what she wanted to do? What her dream was? Her top goal, the thing she wanted most out of life?

It took her 25 years of her life to figure out what she really desired, and she had finally made a decision. Instead of being the one to write the scripts, she desired to be the one to act upon it. She wanted the scene to come alive herself. After all, she did get a degree in acting whilst studying at University.

Making her way home after her audition, she felt pretty happy with the fact that she nailed that audition without any real practice since completing University. Opening the door of her - shared - apartment, she made her way inside and closed the door behind her with a content smile.

That was, until her nose scrunched up in disgust. A smell she thought she'd never smell again until marriage blocked her nose, and she wanted to puke. Placing her keys and bag down, she moved further into the apartment.

"Amelia, hey," greeted Chris, appearing out of the hallway.

Amelia looked over at him from her place at the kitchen counter, where she was readying a coffee for herself with Silver in her arm at the same time. She gave him a confused look when she noticed he was wearing only a pair of boxers, which he hadn't done in a while, and that meant only one thing.

Gross, Amelia thought.

"Did you and Hannah just have sex?" Amelia questioned.

Chris rubbed at the back of his neck, his cheeks flaming as he started nibbling on his bottom lip. Amelia nodded to herself - as his nervousness gave away the answer, - cringing as she turned to pour the hot water into her coffee mug.

"At least make the stench go away so I can't smell when I walk in next time, because I really don't want to be smelling that," Amelia said, her voice drowning out as she finished speaking.

Chris nodded, apologetically. "Sorry. I didn't know where you were going or how long you were going to be gone for."

Amelia laughed. "Nice try hot shot. I've known you long enough to know when you're hiding your anger, and it's definitely not working."

It was true in fact. After many years of their friendship, Amelia had picked up on his little peeves. When he was mad, he would close his eyes and clench his jaw. When he was nervous, he'd go red and bite his bottom lip. When he was happy, crinkles would form beside his eyes when he smiled or laughed.

"Where were you Amelia?" asked Chris, following behind the blonde who was making her way towards her bedroom.

After entering her bedroom, flicking the light, and placing Silver and her coffee down, she turned to face Chris with a small smile. His anger was getting the best of him, and he couldn't control it.

"I was out doing some errands," replied Amelia, shrugging her shoulders.

"What if you got hurt doing those "errands" because you didn't tell me where you were, huh? Anything could've happened to you, and you being your normal stubborn self, didn't tell me anything because you were upset!"

"What does it matter to you Chris? You were with Hannah anyway!"

"Anything could've happened to you Amelia! You could've been seriously injured, or even killed accidentally. Where the hell were you that was so unimportant to tell me?"

"I went for an audition, Chris, okay? Happy now?" shouted Amelia, sitting on her bed. "Please just leave me alone."

"You went for a what?" asked Chris, obvious surprise lacing his tone.

Amelia grinned up at him. "I went for an audition. I took your advice and auditioned for the role of Kara Danvers aka Supergirl."

Chris stood there in complete shock, his mouth agape with his hands on his hips still. He went to speak but nothing came out, and it made Amelia laugh at his lose for words.

"Wait - hang on a minute. Did you just say audition? As in an acting audition?" asked Chris.

Amelia rolled her eyes at him. "Yes Chris, for the 3rd time."

Chris nodded. "Okay. Why?"

"Cause I wanted to do something different. What's the point of having a degree in acting if I'm not going to use it?"

"Touché."

Silver barked, catching both adults attention. Turning their heads towards the puppy sitting on the bed, they both noticed him playing with his toy pig.

"Now leave, I need to get dressed," said Amelia, trying to push him out of the room.

A smirk tugged at Chris' lips when an idea popped into his head. However, Amelia noticed it, and she shook her head with a laugh, knowing what he was going to say.

"No, don't you say it-" laughed Amelia.

"Oh come on baby girl, let me see underneath," laughed Chris, giving him her award winning smirk.

"No, you've got Hannah. Leave," Amelia managed to push him towards her bedroom door, where he planted himself on his feet. "Go have a shower, you stink, and clean the house because it stinks!"

"You'll become mine one day baby girl," said Chris, smiling at her seductively, before leaving the room.

Amelia closed the door after he walked away, and pressed her back against it. She let out a shaky breath, sliding down the door with tears pooling in her eyes. He had no idea of the affect he had on her, and he wasn't willing to find out. Or was he?