CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE; WEAKNESS

FALLING
xxix. WEAKNESS
"COME BACK TO APOLOGISE HAVE WE?"

AFTER LEAVING AMELIA'S HOUSE A FEE DAYS AGO, CHRIS HAD A LONG TIME TO THINK ABOUT WHAT HE'D DONE. It was wrong of him to do what he'd done. It wasn't fair that he used his best friend as a distraction for his heartbreak.

It wasn't fair on her. Not at all. And he realised that now. He shouldn't be violating their friendship the way he had been, and he needed to apologise. She didn't deserve to be hurt the way she had been, and he was going to apologise to her.

Picking up his phone, he dialled the number he had remembered off the top of his head. He placed his phone at his ear, and waited for his best friend to pick up the phone. It was a relief when she did.

"Yes Chris?" greeted Amelia.

He let out a breath of relief. "Are you home?"

"Yeah," Amelia replied.

It sounded as if she was exhausted. There was something about the tone of her voice that was off. However, he just couldn't pick what it was.

"I'll be there in 10."

"Okay," Amelia replied, and then hung up the phone.

Chris turned to Drift, who was watching him from his seat on the couch. He had his head in his paws as he watched his owner from boredom. Chris sighed, knowing that he'd want to come along too, and grabbed his lead.

Standing in front of her apartment door, he brought his hand up to knock on the door, but hesitated. Was it the right time to apologise after what he'd done? Should he leave her for a few more days? No, he was going to do it now.

Knocking on the door, he waited patiently for the blonde to open the door for him. It was around 10 in the morning, and he knew that Amelia would be up by now.

Footsteps could be heard, along with barks, before the door opened. Chris' eyes locked on his best friend, who looked like she had just showered. He smiled shyly at her, and when she realised it was him, she rolled her eyes.

"Come back to apologise have we?" Amelia asked, a angry tone to her voice.

"I'm sorry," Chris mumbled, his head down.

"What was that? I couldn't hear you."

"I'm sorry, for using you. You didn't deserve it, and I'm really sorry Lia."

Amelia moved out of the door way, a motion that told Chris that she'd accepted his apology. Stepping into the apartment, he found that it hadn't changed a bit, even though it had only been a few days since he'd seen her last.

Amelia shut the door, just as Silver ran over to Chris and Drift, who had followed Chris inside. He smiled, picking up the puppy to hug him to his chest as he bounced around excitedly. A laugh escaped Chris' lips when the puppy licked at his face.

"Hi buddy. Yes, yes, I know. I missed you too," said Chris, laughing.

Chris placed Silver back down onto the ground. He turned to find Amelia in the kitchen, making herself a hot drink.

"Do you want a coffee, hot chocolate?" Amelia asked.

"No, thank you."

Amelia just nodded, pouring hot water into her mug. Chris took a moment to take in her appearance when she walked over. She was wearing a pair of track pants, an oversized shirt, a jumper, and socks. She had bags under her eyes, and she looked like crap.

"Hey, you feeling okay?" Chris asked, grabbing a hold of her cup before she sneezed.

Amelia curled up onto the couch, a blanket covering her small body. Chris handed Amelia her cup of coffee, and she shook her head.

"I feel like shit," Amelia mumbled, sniffling.

Chris sighed. She had the stomach bug. Hence why she was rugged up, looked like crap, and was drinking a hot coffee. He pulled the blonde against his body, and she curled up against him happily.

"Do you wanna watch a movie or something?" Chris asked, reaching over to grab the TV remotes.

"Can we watch The Flash?" Amelia asked, looking up at Chris with a big grin.

Chris groaned slightly. "Just this once, because you're sick."

"Yay. I love you bestie," Amelia smiled, kissing his cheek.

"Love you too bestie."

What Amelia didn't know, was the fact that his insides felt like they were on fire when she kissed his cheek. She was his weakness, and he didn't mind it one bit.