CHAPTER THIRTY; FALLING

FALLING
xxx. FALLING
"So, tell me, baby, have you heard the news?
It's true, lately I've been falling face first for you
I knew from the moment that you walk through my view
I had to pursue 'cause-damn-" - Jack & Jack [Falling]

DAYS WENT BY, AND AMELIA HAD FINALLY RECOVERED FROM THE STOMACH BUG. Chris had spent those days with her, helping in anyway he could to make her feel better. In the end, it worked, and she had finally recovered.

The two of them were making muffins and brownies in the kitchen. Amelia was checking the first batch in the oven, to see if they were crispy enough, and they were, so she took them out.

Chris was by the kitchen counter, mixing the mixture for the muffins. He put a bit more flour into it, mixing it until it was perfect. Then he divided everything, and placed it on the tray that was beside him.

"Hey, the last batch can go in," Chris mentioned, catching Amelia's attention.

Amelia turned back to Chris, who turned to her with the tray in his hand. She smiled up at him, taking the tray from him to put into the oven. Both of them noticed the spark that ran up their bodies from their fingers touching, but didn't say anything about it.

"I hope these taste good," mentioned Chris.

"So do I," Amelia replied, returning back to his side.

The both of them started cleaning up the kitchen, jamming along to Amelia's music. It was almost done, until Chris slipped on the flour that was on the tiles. He didn't trip ass up, but slightly slipped.

Amelia was laughing, whilst Chris was chuckling to himself. Chris finished putting the containers away that they used, before Amelia's favourite song came on.

"ITS MY SONG!" Amelia shouted, running over to turn the volume up.

"I'm falling, falling, falling, falling, for you, you, you, you," Amelia sang, happily dancing around.

Chris watched in amusement from his place in the kitchen. She sang the lyrics at the top of her lungs, making her way over to Chris again. It was then, when Chris had the perfect opportunity.

"So, tell me, baby, have you heard the news?
It's true, lately I've been falling face first for you
I knew from the moment that you walk through my view
I had to pursue 'cause-damn-
You got me stopping in my place
You have my undivided, the valet's pullin' up the whip, girl
You can come inside it
And anything you wanna do, baby, I'm up it tryin'
And I don't get up in my feelings but I can't deny
That you've been all that's on my mind
Ain't no need to waste our time and move slow
You got me trippin', fallin' down outta control, damn
You drive me crazy, got my head up in the ozone
Somethin' only you know how to do, girl"

Amelia watched with her jaw dropped, his body moving closer to hers as he did. She didn't realise he knew the lyrics to the song. But what surprised her more, was the fact that he had her trapped against the kitchen counter.

"I'm falling, falling, falling, falling, for you, you, you, you," Chris sang, after the song finished.

"Did you just quote two teenage musicians?" Amelia quizzed, raising an eyebrow.

Chris chuckled slightly. "Is that a good thing or a bad thing, sweetheart?"

"Depends really. Are your feelings for me a good thing or a bad thing?" Amelia blurted.

Chris shrugged. "I don't know, you tell me."

Amelia's eyes were flickering between his, getting lost in the blueish-grey colour of them. There was always something in his eyes, and she could never decipher it until now. It was love, and passion.

"I guess it's a good thing that I feel the same way, huh?" Amelia asked, grabbing ahold of his cheeks gently.

Chris smiled, dropping his head to press his lips against hers. Smiles tugging at the both of their lips. Amelia's hands wrapped around his neck, tugging on his hair at the nape of his neck. Chris let out a throaty groan, not knowing the noise made Amelia squirm slightly.

Chris pulled away, looking down at Amelia. His eyes were so full with love, that it made her stomach flutter. Chris smiled down at her, causing her to smile back.

"God, I've been waiting forever to do that," Chris muttered.

Amelia giggled, pressing her lips against his again. Chris smiled, pulling her up by the thighs to place her onto the kitchen counter. They'd never admit their feelings for each other, but they were glad they could finally get it off their chests after so long.