CHAPTER SIX; RUNNING LOW

FALLINGvi

FALLING
vi. RUNNING LOW
"I DON'T KNOW WHEN I'LL SEE YOU NEXT, BUT WHEN I DO, I HOPE IT'S WITH OPEN ARMS."

"I'm running low
I'm sorry, but I have to go" - Shawn Mendes [Running Low]

NOT TELLING SOMEONE SOMETHING IS THE ONLY REGRET PEOPLE HAVE IN THE END. Chris knew that feeling. Chris knew that he'd only regret not telling Amelia how he felt, and he did, big time. He regretted it every day of his life, but he wasn't going to regret yet another decision. Not this time.

Chris stood outside Amelia's bedroom door, debating with his inner conscious about whether to leave his apology note for Amelia or not. After their big argument last night, he realised that if there wasn't at least an apology from one half, then they wouldn't speak the entire time that Chris was on set, and he didn't want that. He didn't want to lose contact with Amelia over something so small.

Walking into her bedroom, he found her curled up against a pillow like it was a human, her eyes closed as she slept peacefully, with only her bed sheet covering her feet and the doona cover bunched up at the end of the bed like she'd kicked it. Chris placed the note under her phone, where he knew she'd find it when she woke up, and then placed the phone back down again.

He grabbed her bed sheet, draping it over her body, before grabbing her doona and straightening it out, then placing it over her body. He leant down and kissed her forehead, before he found himself leaving the room, closing the door after himself. He made his way to the lounge room where Drift was waiting, wagging his tail happily at his owner.

"Come on buddy, time to go," said Chris, locking the leash onto his dog.

Chris grabbed his suitcase and backpack, before leaving the apartment, closing the door behind him. He made his way into the elevator that took him to the carpark, where he drove himself to the airport. Drift had started whining on the way to the airport, and Chris sighed, reaching over to stroke his head in a comforting manner.

About 20 minutes later, Chris found himself making his way through the airport, going through security, before he took a seat near the gate where he had to board his flight. Drift had been taken in his dog carrier so he could also board the flight, and now all they had to do was wait. Chris pulled his phone out of his pocket, deciding on going through Twitter and Instagram while he waited.

Once he boarded his flight, he sat in his seat by the window, thinking about the fight he had with Amelia last night. She told him that she didn't like spending time with him, but the question was: why? He hadn't done anything wrong, and the whole argument was confusing the crap out of him. They have been best friends for almost 5 years now, and the day before he leaves for 6 months, she tells him that she doesn't like hanging out with him? What kind of a best friend says that?