CHAPTER NINE; APOLOGISE

FALLINGix

FALLING
ix. APOLOGISE
"I'M SITTING HERE WATCHING THE 100 WITH FLASH LIKE THE ANTISOCIAL FUCK I AM."

"You tell me that you need me
Then you go and cut me down, but wait
You tell me that you're sorry
Didn't think I'd turn around, and say
That it's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late" - Timbaland [Apologise]

A THREE HOUR PHONE CALL WITH IAN WAS WHAT AMELIA NEEDED MOST. She sat on her bed, curled up in the covers with The 100 playing in the background, speaking with Ian whilst Flash was lying beside her asleep.

"He is the most confusing person I've ever met, and I meet a lot of people every day Ian!" complained Amelia, playing with a loose thread on her duvet cover.

"Lia, calm down. There's no need to take everything out of context, okay?" assured Ian.

"Too late Ian, I already have. And, I've already thought of a million different reasons as to why he was "busy" in the first place," said Amelia, quoting "busy" with her fingers.

"He could've been doing anything Amelia. Maybe there's a reason as to why he hasn't bothered to contact you. You know for a fact that it's hard to contact people whilst you're busy all the time."

"I know," Amelia sighed. "But the thing that's annoying me the most is the fact that he answered the phone, and said he was busy. If he was actually busy, he wouldn't've answered in the first place!"

"In all the years I've taken care of your stupid ass, never, have I ever seen you get so worked up over something so small, not even when you were 3 years of age. Especially something like this. Chris didn't even get that annoyed when you wouldn't answer his calls or texts while you were on set. So why are you so worked up over it?"

Amelia let out a sigh. She believed that she could tell Ian why she was really worked up about something so small, but she really didn't want to tell anybody until she was one hundred percent sure. But she couldn't even convince herself, let alone anybody else.

"I- I think I love him Ian. I-I just - I don't know what's wrong with me. I can't stop thinking about him, and what it would be like to be able to call him mine. I just - I don't know, Ian. I'm so confused with everything, and it sucks because I have nobody to rant to because that idiot is away filming," sobbed Amelia, wiping her eyes with the sleeve of one of Chris' hoodies that she had stolen - that he actually let her use - but never gave it back.

"Hey, it's okay. Don't cry Lia, okay? There's nothing wrong with feeling confused, or not knowing what to feel. It happens to the best of us. You'll figure out what's going on eventually, okay? Don't worry too much about it, and let your heart figure out what it wants."