Chapter 1: A Long Night

Phantom and Gold Siren flew around Amity Park on patrol. It had been a slow night for the brothers. The only ghost they had come across was the Box Ghost, as usual.

          ''If I never hear the word 'Beware' again, it will be too soon,'' White complained.

         ''At least we took care of him easily,'' Danny pointed out. ''Might as well call it a night before Skulker comes out for his daily hunt.''

         ''He really needs to find some other prey,'' White says. ''Can't he try hunting Vlad, he's had his powers longer than both of us put together.''

          ''We've only had out powers three years each,'' Danny reminded.

          They could still hardly believe that it had been three years since the accident that gave them their powers. Their parents had created a portal to the Ghost Zone, but it turned on while Danny was inside and White was close by. The portal had fused Danny with ghost powers, literally killing half of him. And the backlash of supernatural sound gave White the powers of a siren.

          The twin brothers were now sophomores in high school, along with their friends Tucker, Sam, and Valerie. They were still in the same class with Mr.Lancer. Not to mention the A-listers that constantly get on their last nerve.

          Danny's ghost sense went off and White's siren wings fluttered, what he calls his siren sense.

          ''The whelp are here,'' they heard one of their least favorite ghosts say.

          ''Here we go again,'' Danny complained.

            Skulker floated up in front of them, his gun at the ready. As usual he was ranting about wanting their pelts on his wall, which still creeped them out.

           ''We really need to have a talk with Ember about him,'' White said to his brother, who nodded in response.

           The ghost fired his lazer at them. They easily flew out of the way. His missile launcher came out of his shoulder, firing the little rockets at them. White opened his mouth and shot out his sonic scream. The golden sound waved blew up the mini missiles before they could reach them. It also forced back the hunter. He looked mad.

           ''What's the matter Skulker,'' Danny teased. ''Can the Ghost Zone's 'greatest hunter' not handle having your metal butt handed to you by a couple of kids?''

            ''I will have you on my wall, whelp,'' Skulker growled.

            He shot out an ecto-net from one of his wrist rays. Danny blew it to shreds with one of his ghost rays. He flew forward and nailed the hunter in the face.

           ''Why you little rat,'' Skulker yelled.

          He unlocked six different weapons. They came out his shoulders, arms, and thighs. They all aimed toward the heroes, who only looked annoyed at this.

           ''This is gonna be a long night,'' both heroes groaned.

                                                     *****Line Break*****

          ''Hold still, little brother,'' Jazz instructed, bandaging up a burn scar on his shoulder.

           ''Stupid Skulker,'' Danny insulted.

          ''How many scars does that make this,'' White asked. ''I stopped counting after I hit double digits.''

           ''Me to,'' Danny chuckled.

           After their fight with Skulker, they finally got him back into the Fenton Thermos. But not until after he got Danny in the shoulder with an ecto-blast. They had only gotten a few hours of sleep. Jazz helped them by being Danny's personal nurse even though that is mostly reserved for Sam.

           ''Come on, White,'' Danny says, putting on a shirt. ''We don't want to be late for school, again.''

           Over the time they had their powers, their style had changed. Danny wore his regular red shirt, but it was covered with a black jacket that has the sleeves rolled to his elbows. He also wore jeans with black combat boots. 

          White preferred wearing his name. He always wore a white shirt with his white combat boots. He also wore a jean vest and jeans. Like his brother, he had jet black hair with blue eyes. A round his neck was always a golden lyre pendent.

         Jazz hadn't really changed much at all. Except that she was now always wearing blue boots and a black jacket with her black shirt and blue pants. Her orange hair was still held back by her blue headband. She was still the overprotective sister that she was.

          Their friends had also grown up. Tucker still had his regular hat and shoes, but with a yellow sweatshirt and green cargo pants. Sam now wears a long purple coat with her black and purple shirt and skirt, and also her black combat boots. Valerie still had her yellow shirt, but now with black pants and yellow flats, matching her signature headband.

         ''Wait up, you two,'' Tucker called.

          Their three friends raced to catch up to them. White and Valerie blushed when they accidentally bumped into each other.

          ''Love birds,'' Tucker mumbled.

          ''We are not love birds,'' the two shouted.

         ''Why does that sound familiar,'' Sam sarcastically wondered, then locking arms with Danny. ''Oh, yeah.''

          ''Sounds like us before the Disasteroid incident,'' Danny laughed.

          ''Please don't mention that thing,'' White said. ''I've never liked space before, now I despise it.''

           ''Understandable,'' Valerie said.

          Fortunately, only Valerie discovered their secret after they saved the world from the giant Disasteroid. Guess saving the world finally changed her mind about ghosts. But they will never let her cross paths with Cujo.

         White yawned from the lack of sleep. Danny also flinched when Sam accidentally touched his new scar. Their friends looked at the exhausted heroes.

         ''Long night,'' Danny told them.

         They nodded, knowing that 'long night' is their way of saying ghost attack. They they were greeted by one of their least favorite classmates when they entered the school.

          ''Hey Fenturd,'' Dash said, charging over like a wild bull.

          ''This is gonna be a long day,'' the brothers complained.