Chapter 6: A Siren's Cry

The class rode the pegasi toward Skulker's island. Team Phantom was in front, with Ember flying with them.

          ''Aren't you guys in a little trouble of exposing your secrets to those dipsticks,'' Ember says to them.

       ''We can deal with that as we go along,'' Danny said. ''Getting White back is our first priority.'' 

          ''I'm gonna have a serious talk with that ghost when we're finished with him,'' Ember growled.

          Maddie watched the teens with anger, but tried her best to hide it.

          ''How do they trust that piece of ghost scum, they are nothing but trouble,'' she thought. ''Ghosts are nothing but evil pieces of trash that need to be destroyed. And having us ride these monsters. They must be under mind control. That is the only explanation.''

         They dropped onto the island. The forest, as always, was as dense as a ball of lead. The skull shaped mountain was just barely visible. The five teens knew that Skulker must have White locked in there.

         ''You all stay here while we take on Skulker,'' Jazz ordered.

          ''You kids shouldn't fight that ghost,'' Jack says. ''Leave the ghost hunting to the experts.''

         ''That's what we're doing,'' Valerie said. ''You two couldn't catch a ghost if it was hogtied and delivered to your doorstep on a sliver platter.''

          The other four looked at her funny.

         ''I've been spending way too much time with White,'' she says. ''His sayings are rubbing off on me.''

          ''How dare you say that to us,'' Maddie yelled. 

          ''Oh, we do dare,'' Sam said. ''You've done nothing to help the city. All those ghosts are always handled by Phantom, Gold Siren, and Red Huntress. You only stay in your basement and work on inventions that just blow up in the end.''

            ''You make the Box Ghost look like a pro,'' Tucker laughed.

          The Fenton adults were about to yell some more when an ear splitting scream rocked half the island. Danny's eyes turned red from his anger. He looked at Skylar.

          ''Keep them here,'' he ordered.

         The pegasus leader nodded. The five then ran into the jungle, toward the skull mountain. When the class and adults tried to follow them, the entire herd of pegasi flew in front of them so they couldn't go any further.

          ''I hate these stupid flying monsters,'' Maddie yelled.

          ''For your information, we prefer to be called pegasi, human,'' Skylar told her.

          The jaws of the entire class dropped. If it were a cartoon, their jaws would have hit the floor. Did a horse really just talk to them?

         The five ghost hunters and Ember ran up the side of the mountain. Another scream boomed across the whole island. Danny seemed ready to take Skulker's core and crush it with his bare hands. 

         ''I'm going to kill him,'' Danny growled.

         ''He's already dead,'' Tucker reminded.

         ''Then i'll kill him a second time,'' Danny corrected. ''No one touches my brother and gets away with it.''

         ''And here I thought Jazz was the overprotective sibling,'' Valerie says.