Chapter 8: Regaining What Was Lost

Ember and Dora put their friends onto the ice beds. They removed their shirts so they could see what to do. The class gasped at their scars. Everyone that wasn't in gym a few days ago could hardly believe the shape their classmates were in. First was the scars, then it was muscles, last was the tattoo on White's back.

        Team Phantom was worried by the red that was flowing through their veins and showed through their skin. Frostbite came back with two vials of glowing blue liquid. He bent down by the heroes.

         ''My dear friends,'' he told them. ''If you can hear me, please drink this.''

         He tried to pour them into their mouths, but an idiotic ghost hunter stopped him.

       ''What are you doing,'' Maddie growled. ''I know you aren't about to poison my baby boys, ghost scum.''

        ''Ms.Fenton, they are already poisoned,'' Frostbite said. ''This is the cure that The Great One and I worked out to cure the effects of the Blood Blossoms.''

         He poured the elixir into their mouths. The red in their vein slowly vanished.

         ''What, exactly, is a Blood Blossom,'' Micky asked. 

          ''A rare and poisonous flower that causes great harm to those of pure heart: human, ghost, or magical creature,'' Dora explained.

          ''I guess it's lucky ghosts don't have hearts, then,'' Jack says.

          Ember was about to kill him, but Sam beat her to the punch.

          ''Ghosts do have hearts,'' Sam shouted. ''If they didn't, why would Ember help us save White? Why did Dora bring us to where they can be saved? Why is Frostbite saving their lives? They have human emotions and human desires. Just because they aren't human doesn't mean they can't care.''

          ''Of course they can't,'' Maddie said. ''They aren't human, so they are no longer have any rights to anything meant for a human. Emotions are for humans only.''

          ''No wonder those you six come here so often,'' Ember says. ''I'd go to a different world to if I was around people like that.''

          ''How often do you come to the Ghost Zone,'' Mr.Lancer asked the four teens.

         ''Not often,'' Tucker responded. ''Every-other day, everyday, sometimes twice a day.''

          ''WHAT,'' the Fenton adults freaked.

         ''Why would you want to be in such a dangerous place, surrounded by the lowest of low-lives,'' Maddie shouted.

         ''They come here because they want friends that treat them with the respect and honor that they show us,'' Dora says. ''Not like you ever noticed that they were gone in the first place.''

          ''Princess Dorathea,'' Frostbite requested. ''Can you go contact Pandora and Clockwork? They'll want to be here for them.''

          ''Right away, Frostbite,'' Dora said, floating away.

         ''Lord White, please be okay,'' Skylar says, nudging his friend's shoulder.

        ''Someone explain how that thing is talking,'' Jack yelled.

         ''Skylar is a he, not an 'it' or a 'thing,'' Valerie said. ''All creatures around here can talk. Most of them, anyway. We're still trying to figure out the snow creatures.''

          ''Good luck with that,'' Frostbite said. ''Even my citizens have given up on them.''

          ''You six are forbidden from coming back to the Ghost Zone after we get home,'' Maddie yelled.