Chapter 9: Wayne Manor

Dick Grayson sat in Wayne Manor, reading a book. He was finally having some peace and quiet.

          ''Wait a second,'' he said to himself. ''It's peaceful and is quiet. Five... four... three... two... one.''

           ''Give that back, Damian,'' one boy shouted.

          ''It's my turn with the game console, Tim,'' another boy shouted back. ''I didn't have these at the League of Assassins.''

          ''Would both of you shut up,'' a third male voice yelled.

          ''Shut it, Jason,'' both boys yelled.

          ''And there's the crazy,'' Dick says, putting down his book.

         He walked out of the library, only to have to duck as a chair came flying at him.

         ''I'd be mad if I wasn't used to this by now,'' he said.

         He saw his three bat brothers fighting. It wasn't anything new. As a matter of fact, this was getting quite old. Damian, the Red Robin, was the youngest and Bruce's only biological son. Tim Drake, Robin, was a young teenager and the third member of their bat family. Jason Todd, the Red Hood, was around the same age as Dick and was the second member of their family.

        ''Are you guys serious,'' Dick yelled. 

         They all looked at him, frozen in their places. Damian was on top of Tim as the two struggled with the game controller. Jason was trying to put the two into a head lock. All of them had trashed the living room.

         ''A flying chair, really,'' Dick complained. ''I guess I should, at least, be happy none of you have opened up your utility belts, yet.''

         He saw the sparkle in their eyes.

         ''Oh shoot,'' Dick swore, realizing what he'd done.

        He dived out of the way as bird-a-rangs, throwing stars, and tranquilizer bullets started flying across the room. He was hiding behind the couch. His phone then started going off. When he saw that it was Tucker, he picked it up.

         ''Nightwing, here,'' he said. ''How ye doin', Tucker?''

          ''I've been better,'' the tech nerd answered. ''What's all that noise?''

          ''Three reason why I envy those that that are only childs,'' Dick said. ''Why the urgent call, Tuck?''

           ''You need to get your butt to the Ghost Zone on the double,'' Tucker says. ''The double being Phantom and Gold Siren.''

        ''Is something wrong,'' Dick asked, concerned.

      ''Skulker kidnapped Siren and tortured him, then poisoned them both with Blood Blossoms,'' Tucker told him.

        ''He WHAT,'' Dick yelled. ''I'm on my way. And i'm bringing some backup.''

         He hung up, then got up to talk to his brothers. He had to duck more bird-a-rangs. The other three bat bros were still going at it. It was like world war brothers.

          ''STOP,'' Dick screamed.

         All of them collapsed into a giant heap. They had all been surprised by the oldest member of their family, besides Bruce of course.

          ''What is it, Dick,'' Tim asked. ''You look like you want to kill someone.''

          ''That's my job,'' Damian perked up. ''Who needs to die?''

          ''Can't kill who's already dead,'' Dick told him.

          ''Huh,'' Jason 'duh'ed.

           ''It's Gold Siren and Phantom,'' Dick said.

          ''What have those two gotten themselves into this time,'' Tim shook his head. ''The Ghost Zone is pretty much in control. I thought we weren't going there until later.''

          ''Skulker...'' Dick started.

         ''Again,'' Jason interrupted. ''That hunter really needs to get a life... afterlife... you know what I mean.''

          ''He kidnapped Siren and tortured him,'' Dick shouted. ''And he poisoned them with Blood Blossoms.''

          The three brothers looked like they were all gonna destroy the hunter. All of them were close to the two heroes. There was a bunch of times that they welcomed the two into the manor because they didn't have any real family. They treated them like brothers, and the two had even helped them create their own portal to Phantom's Keep in the Ghost Zone. 

          Dick had always protective of them. They reminded him of the brothers he lost before their parents died in that trapeze accident. They filled the void left behind by them. Even Damian liked them, and he hates basically everyone.

           ''Let's go, then,'' Tim said.

           The four of them went into the Bat Cave to go through their portal. Not before they all changed into their hero uniforms, of course.

                                                      *****Line Break*****

          The four of them were flying through the Ghost Zone, going to the Far Frozen. They knew that if they were poisoned, Frostbite would be the one they would go to. They landed the Bat Jet on the frozen ground outside the cave entrance.

         ''Please let them be here,'' Dick says.

         ''You stay away from them,'' they heard a girl shout.

          ''That sounded like Sam,'' Tim said.

         ''We better get in there,'' Jason says.

         The four raced inside the cave. They were instantly met by a group of teenagers with a bald man, fat man, and short woman. They saw Pandora and Clockwork taking two boys into another part of the cave with Frostbite.

         ''What the hell is going on here,'' Jason yelled.

          Everyone turned to them. They were all shocked to see four superheroes standing in the doorway.

          ''Did someone kill them and turn them into ghosts,'' one of the teenagers stupidly asked.

          Tucker, Jazz, and Sam ran past the class to get to them.

          ''Sam, Tucker, Jazz, what is going on here,'' Dick asked. ''Who are these people, and why are they in the Ghost Zone?''

           ''Nightwing, this is are class from school,'' Sam explained. ''Some genius thought it would be a good idea to send a class of teenagers into the Ghost Zone as a field trip.''

          ''That is the stupidest idea I have ever heard in my life,'' Damian says.

          ''What up with the shrimp,'' Dash insulted.

         ''Well, he's gonna die,'' Tim said.

          Damian drew his sword and tried to attack Dash. He screamed like a teenage girl at a Justin Timberlake concert. Jason was holding him back while Jazz and Sam were scolding Dash. It took a few minutes to calm down the former assassin.

         ''Did Frostbite take care of the poison,'' Dick asked. ''Because Pandora and Clockwork looked terrified.''

          ''The poison's gone, but things have gotten a lot worse since that call,'' Tucker says.

         ''What happened,'' Dick asked.

          ''Ask the woman that shot him,'' Valerie says, in her Red Huntress outfit.

          She was pointing at Maddie. That's when it was time for them to hold back Nightwing before he killed her.